Ladies panties for hard core cardio

Options
2»

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I don't wear underwear when I work out....eliminates the problem all together.

this ^^

Yep - I don't wear them with running pants, yoga pants, or bike shorts. If you buy decent quality they shouldn't have seams that rub in awkward places and they shouldn't be see through when you bend over.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I wear cotton PINK (Vicki's thongs) but probably cotton panties that cover the whole cheekage situation would be best. AKA Granny panties! I've been having the same problem.... Lol

Vicky's has these "yoga" panties that are made of some kind of stretchy synthetic, they stay put really well, both the bikini and the hipsters.
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    ^ I have those too but they cut on your sides.... Not comfy. :-(
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I wear boy shorts mostly. They're the most comfortable for me and don't ever ride up.
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If I'm wearing shorts w/ liner or capris from spandex material, I often don't wear underwear. Occasionally I have shorts or pants that require underwear & use the sweat-wicking hipsters from Asics or Under Armor (look for special fabrics that include silver fibers for anti-microbial properties). I believe that they make them in thong versions too, but I prefer hipster cut (although I wear thongs for regular daily activities). I do know people who prefer to run in sweat-wicking thongs.

Not sure what type of exercise you are doing, if chafing is a possibility you should invest in some lubricant like BodyGlide or 2 Toms - it can go anywhere - feet, underarms, sportsbra seams, and unmentionable places too. A little trick that long distance runners use :) Vaseline is a cheap and easy substitute as well.
  • 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Patagonia underwear is great combined with compression shorts. If I'm running a marathon I'll still use some body glide where the underwear meets my legs to avoid any chafing. I started needing to use body glide after I lost some weight - as I can't affort to buy new Patagonia until they wear out as they run $20 a pop - although I usually wait for a half price sale it's still pricey but worth it.
  • 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Patagonia active brief underwear is great combined with compression shorts. If I'm running a marathon I'll still use some body glide where the underwear meets my legs to avoid any chafing. I started needing to use body glide after I lost some weight - as I can't affort to buy new Patagonia until they wear out as they run $20 a pop. They are available at least once a year at half price sales. Pricey but worth it.

http://www.rei.com/product/809266/patagonia-active-briefs-womens

I recommend avoiding cotton. If you sweat, wet cotton can be a major source of chafing. Moisture wicking fabric increases comfort.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    honestly.. and this may sound funny but I'm a young hip 21 year old and I find that wearing grannypanties (either hipster boy shorts or good ol bikini) helps. I used to wear thong panties to work out, but it just gets uncomfortable and I definitely prefer a cotton fabric vs. lace or mesh..

:)

And here I thought I was wearing cute panties when I wear my hipster boy shorts... I guess, being 30 and all, I'm not so young and hip!! :wink:
  • Bethywethy93
    Options
    Thongs or none lol.
  • Serqita
    Serqita Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Those what I do too B)

I wear regular granny undies, and to keep things from falling down/riding up (and to hide my thigh flab) I wear high-riding tighter-fitting leggings (with a pair of bball shorts over them... also to hide my flab, lol). It holds everything in place, and I find leggings extremely comfortable while doing cardio. They eliminate any chafing you might have between the thighs. Hope this helps. :)

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread from 2011.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts as underwear under your regular gym shorts/pants.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Zombie thread from 2011.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

It's like a five year old time capsule.
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I don't own granny panties. To me, those are huge and uncomfortable. I shop VS and wear cotton thong or cheeky for working out.
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've only worn things since I was 15. To me, there's nothing comfier no matter what I'm doing (As long as it's the right size!). I love VS too.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    ntmi7hzaxubp.jpg

Now that is something I can get behind!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    ntmi7hzaxubp.jpg