Do you ever regret not taking a before picture?

Options
2»

Replies

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a formal before picture but honestly I could burn (figuratively since they're all digital) all my before pictures. I hate looking at them But for the sake of the side by side difference it's kind of cool to see the difference.
  • RAxB
    RAxB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I took progress photos through the MFP app starting in February and when I updated the app in July it deleted ALL of them. I started taking them again and saving them off the app (glad I did as my last update also deleted all the ones I had saved since July), but missing those months is hard because I do like looking where I came from and how I carry my weight at different increments. For 10 pounds I can look not that different and then at like 12 I look so much thinner and then maybe the next 5 look the same and at 6 it's another huge visual difference. It's great to go back to photos you took to motivate future you! I WISH I still had the ones from February through June!
  • alepro92
    alepro92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get used to take a picture every 2 weeks, at least at the beginning.
    My motivation really kicked off after 5 months. It's not really a big deal but when I compared the pic to the old ones I realized the difference.
    That being said, while "motivation" ain't something you can find on the floor, it doesn't come from results alone either. It's psychological: visualize yourself at the end of this journey and do whatever it takes to get there.
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have lots of before pictures because it was my daughter's wedding that got me going. When I saw all the pictures of me I couldn't stand what I was seeing. BUT I wish that I had taken an underwear shot and I do recommend that (no one ever has to see it but you).
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I did take one, and monthly take a new photo for side by side comparisons. It really helps, because my eyeballs don't see what the scale is saying.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I wish I had taken a before picture. I just had to scrounge around for a picture that I was in, but it would have been nice to have an official "before". I also wish I had taken measurements. I didn't take any measurements until I had lost about 18 pounds.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Take it! I didn't have an "official" before photo...just a blurry phone pic..but that is enough to truly to see how far I've come. To answer the side note question..it only took the first couple pounds for me to remain on track and that was two years ago and I've been committed ever since.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    My before picture it just a picture of a bikini I was sending to my mom to see if it was okay. I was sucking in. I wish I had a truthful one from all angles.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    osche731 wrote: »
    Do any of you regret not taking a before picture?

yup. i got curious though after regaining most of the initial weight i had lost because i got more interested in eating to support my strength training than i was in just keeping a certain scale weight. so i recently took a 360 webcam clip of myself at my 'new' version of 140 pounds.

i don't have any record of myself at the non-lifter version of the same weight, but i know that i didn't like it nearly as much as i like how this looks. so there's that because i'm sort of casually determined to re-lose five or ten pounds, and this time i would like to have a record of the difference.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    No I don;t I have enough pictures of before starting - Plus for me starting MFP was a point in my journey that had started 2 years earlier.
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I do - 35lbs down and at my supposed goal weight now, but still just see fat when I look in the mirror. A before shot might help me see the difference properly!
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i had been taking pictures since I re-started at the beginning of the year. through a series of phone switches (new phone, then broke that and got a replacement), I somehow lost all my pictures. that was nearly 80 lbs of progress. I decided not to continue the photos after that because I wouldn't have that before/after. Now another 30 lbs down I wish I at least started up again. I wouldn't have had the full transition, but it would have been something.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I completely regret not taking proper before pics.

I would take some, then I ended up deleted them because I was so embarrassed and ashamed with how badly I let myself go.

The photo I use as my before pic is not very good or clear, but it's the best I have. It's a during pic after I lost about 25 out of the 80 I lost.

I would love to have had a visual reference point at my heaviest to really see how far I have come.

When I see transformation photos with people in the same pose, wearing the same clothes I find it so inspiring and wish I would have done the same.

But I didn't. I'm still so very proud of myself for losing all the weight and heading towards year 4 of keeping it all off.

Congrats on being 15 pounds down! Keep it going!
  • kewzue
    kewzue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yup, lost about 110 pounds and i didn't take any picture at start or along the way due to not really at the time wanting to see my body more than i had to. Do i regret it now? yes i do but i'm happy with how it ended anyhow!
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I didn't think to take picture. I honestly never thought I'd loose more than my typical 175, and when I got below that I surprised myself. And only then I regretted not taking pictures to compare to
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My daughter told me I would regret not taking before pictures.... she was right lol. I do wish I had.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost the weight I didn't have measurements or photos from before- only a vague idea of what I weighed. I regretted it! Take the photos!
  • realcalm
    realcalm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do regret it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!