Stuck in the 80s! High school clothes revisited...

Options

Replies

• LovelySophiya
    Options
    OMG IM GOING TO AN 80S PARTY TONIGHT...HAHAH BUT I WAS BORN IN THE 90S SOOO CAN I BORROW THOSE PANTS :) HAHHA
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Worst. Pants. Ever. Hilarious!
  • mnsmith83
    mnsmith83 Posts: 128
    Options
    Great post! If you attend a gym, ask if they have an ElectroLipoGraph body composition analysis system (ELG) for members to use. It measures your body fat percentage, which can give you your lean body mass (if you're remotely competent at math, or someone in the gym is, lol)

My original goal was to be my high school weight again...126. The size I was when I got my learner's permit. Ha. I had this test done yesterday, and my lean body mass is 121lbs. Hmm, 5lbs of fat just isn't going to cut it! I changed my goal to 150, which will put me at 20% body fat, then I'll reevaluate. Luckily, my gym has one of these ELGs handy, so I can monitor my progress and make sure I'm not losing muscle in the process!
  • Calidiva3j
    Options
    THIS is an amazing post, and that's all I need to say!!! Way to go, and I LOVE the 80s!!! :)
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Heather, I had a callous on my right index finger from zipping tight jeans! It's a little tore up right now just from trying these on.
    Yup, me too! I'd lay on the bed and suck in so hard I thought I'd pass out... At least I wouldn't fall far. :embarassed:
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    I love it! I thought the tank was purchased with the Puke Pants...they go together so fabulously!
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing this...I LOVE IT! The 80's rocked. I still have some clothes from the 80's but I'm no where near able to get back in them...YET! I'll take pictures when I do :-)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The waistbands come up so frickin' HIGH on the 80s jeans! I would have been able to zip them if they were low rise.

Seriously... the zipper is 6.5 inches long! The zipper in my newly purchased shorts is only 2.5 inches.
  • Fiesta80
    Fiesta80 Posts: 35
    Options
    LOL! Love it! Ya know, some hipsters would love to own those pants. You could probably get 60 bucks a pop at least! :) hehe
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Those are freaking awesome! And you totally pull them off. They kinda do want to make me cry though, and I'm not a boy. lol

And be careful with the wire coathangers. My mom broke her nose that way putting on pants in the 70's lol.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Those are the greatest pants ever! You are amazing! I cannot believe how lil and skinny you look :) And I agree with you, you looked good in the first pic too ... wow! Thanks for the motivation today!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Those are soooo horrible, but you can fit them girl!!!
  • SunSand76
    SunSand76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bahahahaha! Too cool, love it!!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: ROFLMAO!!!!! You have made my day!!! Took me back to the good ole days!!! LOL! :laugh: :laugh:

I love it!
  • daddyssunshyne
    Options
    My fave posting today-this week even! How great is that!

I know the "cant breathe" feeling though. I am now between sizes. My old pants are too big, the next size down in my closet is still too tight to be comfortable yet...blah.

But..seriously...comical stuff!

Sarah
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Love the post...:wink: now about those pants.....:noway: ....lol.....I agree with you about getting back to the High School weight I'm almost 30yrs & it will be crazy(almost impossible) to go back to my HS weight...(I used to weigh 105lbs)....
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    LMAO! I love the 80's, but way back then at my heaviest just before I got married I was 108 pounds, I don't think there would anyway in he** that I could get into my old parachute pants nor would I want to!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options

I can (painfully) button them, but the zipper doesn't go all the way up. Maybe if I tried first thing in the morning, and had a wire coathanger, and laid down on the bed, and held the two ends together while someone else zipped. Maybe. But they fit close enough that I could snap a few pictures.

This is the technique I used to get ALL my jeans on in high school. I wasn't chubby or anything - just kind of slutty. :happy:

Hahahaha :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Well, that is pretty funny. However, those may be the worst pants I have EVER seen. EVER.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!