Please HELP !!! My ankles are hurting when I try to run - O

melisay
melisay Posts: 75 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all,

My ankles are killing me. I haven't worked out in 2 months and I am starting to run again slowly but even if it's 2 min running my ankles kill me to the point it burns. I also bought a new running shoes too.

Please help me understand. Speed is usually 5.0 to 5.5 as well.

Thanks

Replies

• aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    You might want to see a podiatrist and inquire about orthotics. You might also want someone to help you with the mechanics of your stride and footfall.
  • You might want to see a podiatrist and inquire about orthotics. You might also want someone to help you with the mechanics of your stride and footfall.

I agree with this. Were you fitted at a running store or just purchase running shoes? I found being fitted helps find the right shoe. Hope you get some relief soon!
  • MissMandy1010
    MissMandy1010 Posts: 52 Member
    I have weak ankles and have to stretch and strengthen them in order for them to not get sore and "go out" on me while I workout. maybe you do too?? Id see a doctor of some sort, cause thats no good!!! :-(
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    As someone that is having trouble with my right ankle (broke it in March 2011) I would suggest lower impact exercise if you're having pain. My othopaedic doctor says being uncomfortable is normal, feeling pain or burning is not.. You could be causing damage. See a doctor for their own opinion according to your own needs, but in the meantime swimming and biking might be better alternatives. They're better for me :happy: !
    Hope this helps and ice your ankles when they hurt!
  • aapye78
    aapye78 Posts: 24
    I had that happen too but I ignored it and now I can't run at allbecause I tore up my ankles and have to see a physical therapist. Talk to your doctor before you run again.
  • melisay
    melisay Posts: 75 Member
    Thank you for all of your replies. I will be seeing my doctor shortly

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.