'WOWY.com' anyone?

Options
is anyone signed up for this? is it a scam? do they want money? I am gathering it is like mfp...yes?
thanks guys!

Replies

• raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Sent you a message =)
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    wowy is free.. you log you workouts and it can win money for logging your workouts.. message me if you want more info.
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yes, WOWY is free. I actually did win $300 last year (used it to buy weights ;).
  • bwilcox30
    bwilcox30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I believe WOWY is part of Team Beach Body but I do not know any details. I have been looking into becoming a beach body coach and I have seen it as one of their online tools.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    oh never mind :)
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    ehhh... i would use it but I have been using MFP for so long now I'll just stick with what i Know. :P
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Not a scam. Totally free and a nice way to track your workouts and interact with other people working out.

The money part comes with the VIP. I have a VIP membership and love that I don't have to fill out the daily form to be entered in the contest. You also get access to free workouts online, tips from the various Beachbody Trainers, a kick-*kitten* meal planner, and a few other nifty things. If you're doing weight watchers or any other subscription based program you can't beat it. $12 a month.

Looks like you already have some people offering to help, lol. Good luck! My username over there is the same here. Hit me up with a friend request :)
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If anyone can be a "coach," I'd be leery.

No, not everyone claims to be an expert. I'm sorry that you feel that way. But don't let one bad apple ruin the whole bunch. And being a "coach" is being a distributor. Perhaps you'd like to me send you some information? I'd be happy to =)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    THIS
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options

No, not everyone claims to be an expert. I'm sorry that you feel that way. But don't let one bad apple ruin the whole bunch. And being a "coach" is being a distributor. Perhaps you'd like to me send you some information? I'd be happy to =)

You are absolutely correct RaeLynnjordan... people need to look at the information first. We are not experts & never claim to be. We just get them to the experts and people like Tony Horton, Chalene Johnson, or Darren Olean (sp?) creator of Shakeology<- was in Oprah magazine.... so we are just distributors like you say but nothing to be leery of.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

You are absolutely correct RaeLynnjordan... people need to look at the information first. We are not experts & never claim to be. We just get them to the experts and people like Tony Horton, Chalene Johnson, or Darren Olean (sp?) creator of Shakeology<- was in Oprah magazine.... so we are just distributors like you say but nothing to be leery of.

Just curious why cant people get there themselves?
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with Beachbody people. I think most of them are honest people. However, your organization has you use the word "Coach." They do this on purpose. It's because to the average population, the word emits the idea of having expert like knowledge. A coach is someone you can follow and rely upon for fitness and sport related advice and what not.

I know the people who are doing it might not agree with me, but to me, Coach is misleading.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I believe WOWY is part of Team Beach Body but I do not know any details. I have been looking into becoming a beach body coach and I have seen it as one of their online tools.

Yes indeed it is! I became part of it when I bought my DVDS
  • 4himalone
    4himalone Posts: 69
    Options
    Sorry, did not know this would open up a can of worms.

Is this a 'pyramid' or 'multi level marketing' thing?

I am just all sorts of curious now!!!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    wowy.com is just an online supergym so you can workout with buddies. Not really the same as what everyone is talking about. I started using WOWY a long time before I knew what a coach was.
    I believe coaches shoujld be "coaching" people not just tyrying to sell products.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Beachbody coaches are a part of a MLM program (multi level marketing). You pay the $40 to be a "coach" and they try to find people to sign up under you and buy the products under you.

Wowy is their way to keep you accountable to do the programs, track your work and what ever else they offer. I don't use Wowy, I use MFP.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have been talking with a Beachbody Coach and he has never once tried to play himself off as something he isn't. He does coach though... by being supportive and helping me find information when I need it. Sometimes he has the answers, sometimes he doesn't and he has to go find it. Sometimes he mentions a product he can sell and other times he tells about other ways to get the same affect with something else.

I don't think Coach is a bad way to put what he does.
  • NickiStone
    NickiStone Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Beachbody coaches are a part of a MLM program (multi level marketing). You pay the $40 to be a "coach" and they try to find people to sign up under you and buy the products under you.

starting this off with IMO...... Coaching is a great option or "opportunity" for someone that talks about and uses the Beachbody products. Plus, as a coach, you get a discount AND you have the option to support others through their journey on the product. Kinda a win-win for both parties if you are fond of the products that Beachbody has to offer.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

starting this off with IMO...... Coaching is a great option or "opportunity" for someone that talks about and uses the Beachbody products. Plus, as a coach, you get a discount AND you have the option to support others through their journey on the product. Kinda a win-win for both parties if you are fond of the products that Beachbody has to offer.

If done right, yes it's a great way to make some money. Unfortunetly I have been bumbarded & spammed to high heaven by a lot of BBCs (not all, but a large amount) asking me to be a coach from MFP and FB, so I have a bad taste in my mouth about being a BBC.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    If it is true that it's an mlm, that just doesn't sit well with me. Why can't their products just be sold in stores? Reminds me of that goji juice stuff..I'll stick with mfp.