Christmas!

Options
What's everyone's plans for Christmas? Sticking to it, maintaining? Not caring and looking back in the new year? It's a big thing in my family I already know my Christmas day dessert is 600 calories so might try to excersize a lot this week and eat fewer calories!

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try stay in a deficit for a few days and then just eat what I want...I have no self control. I'm already on the fat side right now. I'll just ride it out until February. It's getting cold anyway and I want pie.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I will probably not log Christmas day, boxing day or NYE, the rest of the time is business as usual with my deficit.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm visiting my family for Christmas. I've decided not to track for those four days. I've already logged those days with my maintenance calories. I will relax, eat a reasonable amount of what looks good, and keep my phone put away. I will miss my lifting those days too, since hotel gyms are lousy for doing stronglifts. I will do my C25K though. It may be my only peace away from family time.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I started a diet break today and I won't worry about calories as much until next week
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I will enjoy the day. No worries about exercise or food choices. It is one day.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go low carb for the weekend. I have BED and while I've learned how to keep it under control 90% of the time, whenever I go to my parents it comes back full force and I consume 3k+ calories a day there.
    I find if I don't eat carbs there, im less likely to go into a surplus.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    We don't make a big production of Christmas, except I buy some desserts from Collin Street Bakery and get a big old ham for dinner. I'm probably going to go over my calorie budget for Christmas day. I'll be off work for the week from Friday before Christmas through Monday after New Years, so either I succeed or fail, but I don't quit trying.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'll probably eat whatever I want on Christmas Day (but somewhat within reason...1 slice of pie instead of 2...5 cookies instead of 10! haha) and the rest will be my usual.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Christmas eve, day and boxing day are all out carnage.

All other days will be normal days for current goals.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    We aren't doing a huge feast or anything so it shouldn't be hard to stick close to my normal goal.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be realistic--this will not be a great time for dieting. I will do my best to not be completely stupid about what I put in my mouth. If it's really awesome I will eat it, if it is not I'll pass. I will try to get some exercise. But I refuse to get obsessed about sticking to a diet or not.
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think I agree with you all there, I don't want to eat so much that I feel sick and bloated like I use to so I think ikl be okay with a few treats as people say Christmas is once a year!
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Idk. I guess my family's weird. Christmas isn't a big production.

There will be ham, roast, and an array of veggies. I'll probably have a serving of either roast or ham and a few servings of vegetables and call it a day.

If anything, I'll probably be under calories because I find usually on Christmas I'm so busy I only eat dinner.

We aren't big dessert people. There probably won't be any dessert and if there is it'll probably be a pie or something I can easily pass on. (Not much on dessert myself)

My office Christmas party is Friday, but it's a pot luck and I know from experience not a person in my office can cook so I probably won't even eat there.
  • Tanafee
    Tanafee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hey there! i am just going to enjoy my Christmas and New Years as normal. In the New Year I will go for quality and learn to cook for myself instead of take out and choose quality over quantity
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Maintenance break until January 3rd. There's just no way I'll survive baking Christmas cookies otherwise (my mom and I make about 10 different kinds... and they each need to be tested before they can be served to anyone :wink: )
  • ShammersPink
    ShammersPink Posts: 215 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm taking a visit to the heart attack capital of the UK for Christmas. Hopefully I'll get out alive.

More realistically, I'm away for a week, and then New Year festivities when I return. I'll be taking it relatively easy, and regarding it as a diet break before my final push in the New Year.

I'm staying with tiny people, so that helps.
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This week I'm gong to sustain a good solid deficit. Christmas Eve morning I'm going on either a long run or hard spin session. Protein shakes from for the day until dinner where it's gonna be ON! Then Christmas Day all day it's gonna be ON, but I'm going to pace myself and not overstuff myself. Then Monday it's deficit as usual where I'm going to enjoy workouts where I actually feel fed for once! Then deficit again until New Years Eve.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I'm on maintenance already, started a week early as it was just getting too difficult and I was hassling myself about Christmas treats and feeling hungry due to switching calories up and down too much.

I'll quick add 4000 calories for the big day and try to average out at maintenance over the holidays. I'll start lowering calories again in January, probably take 2-3 weeks to get back into a full deficit, going by previous experience.