Modest goal, but AWESOME result!

Options
SteveO390
SteveO390 Posts: 18 Member
My weight goal was pretty modest, go from 180 to 165 while upping my fitness for riding motocross. Well, I started my workouts with my Xbox Kinect and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved video game in February. I kept rotating the workouts about every 5 weeks and Easter weekend my friend turned me on to the myfitnesspal app for my phone so I started using it.

Well, I am now at 160lbs, I fit in all my old board shorts from when I was in the Navy and stationed in Hawaii and can ride my dirt bike...HARD...for as long as I want!

I believe my success can be attributed to three main things, exercise, portion control and eating regularly throughout the day.

...I hope I'm not going to get in trouble by the moderators here for mentioning my Xbox and a video game...

Replies

• Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    Congrats.....great job!
  • gorgeousness
    gorgeousness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound modest at all! Congrats!
  • muzix_chick
    muzix_chick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also use kinect and my shape fitness as a work out. Which ones do you do exactly?

Your doing awesome btw!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Why would you get in trouble for mentioning xbox kinect? I have that game and its awesome. I dont do it solely. I do it as extra workout in the evening and workout on weekends when I dont go to the gym...first few times it made me real sore.
  • SteveO390
    Options
    I also use kinect and my shape fitness as a work out. Which ones do you do exactly?

Your doing awesome btw!

When I started I was just doing the regular cardio, then I moved on to the Mens Health fat loss workout to completion, then I downloaded...and used...the free Gunnar Peterson workout until completion. After that I downloaded the Platinum cardio kickboxing routine and did that one and the gold as my morning routine for a while. Right now I'm back on the Mens Health fat loss workout again with two workouts left until completion when I will then go back to Gunnar Peterson.

Oh yeah, I use a set of 10lbs weights with nearly all the exercises in the Mens Health workout except for the "split jump". That thing kicks my *kitten* EVERY morning without weights! In fact when I came back to this routine, my inner thighs were so sore that I went back to the kickboxing until my legs stopped aching...THE NEXT WEEK!

How 'bout you?
  • SteveO390
    Options
    Why would you get in trouble for mentioning xbox kinect?

Because the forum rules warn against "outside advertising" and I didn't know how the mod's my take my mentioning the Kinect or games.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!