Lost the weight I intended to, but can't seem to rid this belly fat. Please Help

Options
Since I've been follwing the diet plan for me I've successfully lost the weight along with exercising and weight lifting, but my belly fat is driving me crazy. Can some one give me some advice????

Replies

• stormyview
    stormyview Posts: 81 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    What's your BMI? A lot of people find they need to be in the middle or bottom half of the healthy range before the fat on their problem areas becomes less problematic.

You can't spot reduce. So keep losing fat, and then maybe think about a small bulk to build a little muscle if necessary.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You haven't given anyone any clues!

Perhaps your goal weight is too high. (Mine was.)
    Perhaps you don't have as much muscle as you need to be lean at your current weight.

• Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Do you drink alcohol?
  • RickyBrodieFitness
    Options
    Remember what has potentially taken you many years to gain (body fat) will not be removed in a short period of time. Its a journey! If you're fitter, eating better, energy higher and all around in a better place then keep doing what you're doing and over time you will get to where you want to be!
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Read "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis. It may give you the answer.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'd reexamine your macros and continue eating at a deficit. People in this topic seem to know a lot about body recomposition, which sounds like it could get you to where you want to be. I don't know a lot about it myself!
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    marvinb307 wrote: »
    Since I've been follwing the diet plan for me I've successfully lost the weight along with exercising and weight lifting, but my belly fat is driving me crazy. Can some one give me some advice????

It's usually the last thing to go (and first to come back) for men when losing weight. If you still have "love handles" and belly fat, then you still have more weight to lose - in spite of possibly reaching your overall weight goal.

Keep running a daily deficit until you shed that final "spare tire" which is usually 10-20 more pounds to get rid of the belly fat and love handles.

BB
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options

It's usually the last thing to go (and first to come back) for men when losing weight. If you still have "love handles" and belly fat, then you still have more weight to lose - in spite of possibly reaching your overall weight goal.

Keep running a daily deficit until you shed that final "spare tire" which is usually 10-20 more pounds to get rid of the belly fat and love handles.

BB
    This

My initial goal was 176lbs, based on my best weight many years ago. I hit that, then put a couple back on, but the 176 still left me soft in the middle. So, I'm eating at about a 300 calories deficit now, and after the holiday is done I'm going to modify my intake a bit, cut breads, taters and heavier foods back out for a couple of weeks and see what the results are. It's been a year and only 14lbs, but as SingingSingleTracker said, that belly flab is just stubborn as all heck. Keep at it, log accurately, and be patient.
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I'm not sure if you're still around since 6 days have past and you haven't been back here but none the less, here's my 2 cents.
    Sometimes we're fixed on a number to lose, weight wise, to achieve our desired weight, however the reality will always been seen with your eyes.
    I think too many people cut weight and do not realize that they're burning fat and also burning muscle during this process. So you'll get to your "ideal" weight, but you'll still have some fat in your mid-section and thighs.
    The scale is a great tool to use to see if what your doing is working, however I would advice that you look at your BF % and set a goal against that number. You'll be happier when that goal is achieved since it'll pass the eyeball test.

Frank
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It took me six months after I hit my goal to get those muscle to tighten up. There was FAT there - like think of a pound of butter as a pound of fat. I had a LOT of blocks of butter my body needed to tighten up around. I didn't do anything fancier than walking, but it really did help. I also sat on a Pilates ball at work instead of a chair. Really strengthened my core muscles - back and stomach. I even sit up straight now when driving. Good luck!
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    For me it just took time. I got where I thought I would want to be and still had more weight on my arms and stomach than I wanted. Lost about 10 more pounds and it seemed to almost all come off from there. Unfortunately hard to target weight loss, but it'll come eventually. Weight lifting likely played a big role in it for me.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It took me a couple of years into maintenance to get rid of that last belly fat and to get a nice flat tummy.

But, I was carrying around that fat for decades so I knew it wouldn't happen overnight.

Keep going, log and weigh your food and have patience! You will get there.
  • handeye
    handeye Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Same, it took me nearly a year of maintenance before I really started seeing the belly fat come off! I honestly might have lost about 5 lbs in that time, but not very much. What everyone says about "body recomp" is really true. I've been very consistent with my diet and exercise and I definitely felt a change from last year to this year even though I weigh about the same. It seemed all my actions had all of a sudden hit a critical mass one week and my clothes started fitting much looser, it was crazy! You could try to lose a little more weight to get rid of it now or just continue to stay consistent and see what happens as your body turns fat into muscle.