Buddies doing intermittent fasting??

Options
LynseyZombie
LynseyZombie Posts: 69 Member
edited November 2016 in Getting Started
Would love to hear success stories and would love advice with it. Ive started today, I'm trying the warrior diet. So I'm gonna eat in the evening a large filling meal. And only snack before then with some fruit. And plenty of water which I'm not used to lol, but I'll try my best with that! I've got 5/6 stones to lose which I think is about 60/70lbs. I'm 5ft 3in and 14st roughly

Edit: Gonna try exercising with a wii fit board and see how that goes, some light weights too even though I havnt a clue how much or long I need to do with that ha. I'll just go with it I guess :D

Replies

• ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Any exercise in there?
  • LynseyZombie
    Options
    Oh yes and I'm buying a wii fit board today as I hate walking. So gonna be doing plenty on that for exercise. And some light weights as well : )
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    Options
    if I'm honest - sounds very 'faddy'.
    I agree that something is better than nothing, but do a 15 min light HIIT a day.
    Those Wii Fit boards are a joke.
  • LynseyZombie
    Options
    Your opinion, I have used the wii before and l had one of the dancing games for it and lost weight with that instead of walking, jogging etc. I believe the Wii fit will just be as good, as long as I'm in calorie deficit I will lose the weight with or without exercise. It doesn't matter how I do it l, I choose to exercise a bit as it will keep me fit and active.
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    Options
    True - but seems the 'easy' option.

But something is better than nothing. I also think 'fasting' isn't a good idea to create a calorie deficit. The body needs good food and nutrients. Maybe look at altering your diet rather than cutting out necessary stuff altogether.
    maybe go to 6 meals a day.
  • LynseyZombie
    Options
    The easy option sounds good to me well. I don't wanna eat 6 meals a day, I don't need to eat 6 meals a day. Anyways I'm looking for people doing similar diets not on what you think i should do instead thank you.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hiya I've been doing fast 5 for the last 4 days and I feel great. Loving the flat tummy and light feeling I have in the morning. I eat 12pm to 5pm about 1350cals max. Also getting in my 10k steps a day at least for exercise and I don't eat back any of the cals.
    I've been looking for IF posts to see if there are any great results but nothing. So I'm thinking of posting my own week by week results.
    Everything I've seen on YouTube talks about how fast it helps with weight loss because of the fasting period so I want to see if that is true for me. Being able to eat all those cals in a short space of time makes me feel like I'm on a massive binge and I love it!!!!!
    I'm currently weighing 13st5 (187lbs) and goal weight is 9st (126lbs).
  • deepwoodshiker
    deepwoodshiker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, been doing IF combined with a better diet since August and its been great! Down 33 pounds. Currently fast twice a week - dinner to dinner. It's been easy so far. Just listen to your body, drink lots of water tea etc and remember that if you need to break the fast a little early because you're starving or not feeling well that's it fine to do so! Consistency is what matters. I'll send you a request I'll be glad to help in any way or be a motivation partner. I've currently working on losing my last 5-10 lbs btw.
  • LynseyZombie
    Options
    I've changed to Doing the 16/8 hour fasting instead now and I'm doing so much better with it because in the morning I'm not as hungry so it i can last easily until 12.30 or 1pm for food. Then I eat dinner about 6pm. And that's that until next day at lunch. I've been keeping to a calorie deficit diet and eating healthier too, although today i prob should of eaten a little more as my cals only went up to 800+ but I was happy with what I had. I do need to drink abit more as well. As I'm only managing a litre of water.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I do IF and find it very useful. I have no idea what the warrior diet is but it sounds like a fad diet.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Warrior is IF too just a shorter window and you are encouraged to eat your meal later at night and mainly protein I think.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The easy option sounds good to me well. I don't wanna eat 6 meals a day, I don't need to eat 6 meals a day. Anyways I'm looking for people doing similar diets not on what you think i should do instead thank you.

6 meals a day is a "faddy" thing too by the way.

Hiit is the "in thing" for exercise right now. Fast forward a couple years, it will be something else.

OP - you do you. Eat less, move more and you will get results.

If Wii Fit is something you will be consistent at, then do that. If 1 large meal allows you to get your calories, protein & fats in & you can be consistent with that, then go for it. One massive meal isn't for me, but try it out.

Here's a link to one of the IF groups here

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • LynseyZombie
    Options
    I did try the one meal a day, but changed my mind and went with 2 meals a day instead cutting breakfast. So I'm fasting longer, And I'm doing real good with this one. Feel much healthier too and have lost some weight already
  • notacitygirl75
    notacitygirl75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LynseyZombie, How are things going? I started 16/8 5 days ago and Ive seem results already. I have 60lbs to lose.
  • Ayalaandrew8899
    Ayalaandrew8899 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I remember I tried IF for about two months and it wasn't bad. I just always felt the urge to eat and indulge when it came to a cheat meal. That being said it didn't feel right to me. Also it is beneficial to do IF whey so often. Just don't do it ever day as you need all the nutrients you can get to go throughout your day. With that being said I decided to eat three meals a day with a protein shake after workouts and I must be honest I feel better doing that. No urges of hunger or to eat sweets. Just be sure to change your habits, as in food choices, water intake, watching carbs and sodium intake. Making sure you burn more than what you put in. Best of luck to you. Feel free to add me if you'd like.