Disproportionate legs

Options
I used to have thin, but muscular, legs. However, when I put on some weight, my legs became very bulky. I've now lost much of that weight, but my legs have stayed considerably chunky compared to the rest of my body. I do strength training (high rep/low weight), yoga, and cardio. Is there anything specific I should do to slim them down? I know spot training is considered a myth, but there must be something I can do to make them less bulky…?!

Replies

• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Continue to eat in a deficit.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Your legs may just be the last to slim down and that you can't help because it may be genetics.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Until you've lost ALL the weight, there is no basis for comparison. My body has gone through radical changes the last 10 pounds. I lost 148 total and you would think that the last 10 doesn't make that much difference but it does--especially in the areas where you carry a lot of the extra weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I used to have thin, but muscular, legs. However, when I put on some weight, my legs became very bulky. I've now lost much of that weight, but my legs have stayed considerably chunky compared to the rest of my body. I do strength training (high rep/low weight), yoga, and cardio. Is there anything specific I should do to slim them down? I know spot training is considered a myth, but there must be something I can do to make them less bulky…?!

Eat less
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Post pics
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If your legs became bigger when you gained weight, chances are that most of it was fat unless you're doing a heavy hypertrophy-oriented lifting routine (which the exercises you described don't sound like). As you lose the weight, you should gradually lose the fat in your legs also. But as you already know, there's no way to target them for spot reduction.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat in a calorie deficit.