Small Strides = Big Results!

sweetseraph7
sweetseraph7 Posts: 91
edited September 29 in Success Stories
Well I've been on here and taking weights and measurements pretty good since Jan 3 when I wanted this whole diet thing to take place. So here it is July and I think I'm finally making some great changes...

1. I almost kicked the soda. Went to Wendys' and ordered Sweet Tea instead. Also, I've drank more water, milk and kool aid (not that some of those are better choices but it's not all the sugar)

2. I've been exercising a lot more. Being part of this 11 week challange is really doing me some good. I've gone from only walking 12 steps (up) a day to this week almost walking 1800!!! That's a huge improvement. Actually this week so far I've done 1172/1800 I'm impressed with myself!!!

3. Granted my weight is yo-yoing but that's ok. I know muscle is heavier than fat so I deal with that. But my measurments are making me happy!!! I'm so excited that I'm seeing some improvement. Granted not huge changes but changes that make me smile!!!

Hips:
- 1/3/11 - 53"
- 7/15/11 - 54"
Nothing too exciting here but I think it might be where on my hips I measured could be a lot of different things there. ... but that could be me making excuses.

Waiste:
- 1/3/11 - 50"
- 7/15/11 - 47"
this is fantastic. I've noticed streatch marks going away and I find some shirts fit me a little better than before. YAY!

Neck:
- 1/3/11 - 16.5"
- 7/15/11 - 16.3"
Humm not sure if that's a good or bad thing but at least it didn't go up so I call this a small victory!

Over all I'm happy! I'm seeing some results and I'm seeing some self motivation from sitting on the couch and eating my heart out. My calories are going down, my exercise is going up and some things are fitting me a tat better. Lets hope the trend keeps going!!!

Until next time! Keep on going! It's all about you and the change you hope to see in the world!!! Hope this is motivational for everyone!

Replies

• luigi427
    luigi427 Posts: 3
    Read your post. I am really happy for you! I don't know you but the progress you are making is inspiring! I hope that you keep it up; you'll see that little by little the weight will come off. Just keep at it girl. Much love and good luck!
  • Bellum24
    Bellum24 Posts: 106 Member
    Don't "hope" for next time, make it happen girl!! You know how so just stick with it and you will continue to see results!!
    Great job, keep up the good work!
  • That is so awesome! I'm proud of you, you are doing SO good!! :) Anytime you go through a time when you've stopped losing weight or inches, don't get discouraged, remember times like these and persevere!!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 582 Member
    Nice work. I know that the soda habit is hard to kick :). Also, I agree about the challenges. Without the challenges, I wouldn't be doing so well. Everytime I think about skipping a workout, I think about my poor teammates that I don't want to let down. Keep doing what you're doing. And start looking for other small changes you can make and before you know it, you'll be at your goal weight!

<3 TheGlitterMouse
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!