Faith and reaching goals while battling cancer without chemo.

Options
kllaw
kllaw Posts: 3 Member
edited December 2016 in Motivation and Support
The good news: I'm down a total of 73 lbs!!!

The bad news: I spoke with my doctor today and received news about my brain tumor. The tumor is growing. It is larger than it was back in October and the doctor feels as though the rate of growth doesn't look good long term. He has advised that I have the second surgery and begin chemotherapy and radiation as soon as possible (of course). He said he doesn't know how else to put it: if I don't do this the tumor will kill me.

This wasn't the news I was expecting to hear today. Far from it. But this week the Lord opened up a door for me in preparation for today. He knew the news I would receive would not be favorable and he opened up a door for me to tell me to hold on, to say, "I got you", and to encourage me to keep the faith.

So as this tumor grows, so does my faith.

n2f2zb1t3k5u.jpg

Replies

• dmmfox
    dmmfox Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Keep fighting and keep believing! His love is real. I'll add you to my prayers!
  • newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I never have cancer so I won't pretend that I understand what you are going through. I respect you decision regardless. Nonetheless, I am curious as to the reason you decided to go against treatments?
  • nubianQueen02
    nubianQueen02 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    prayer is powerful. May Allah continue to give you strength.
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am wishing you all the best. Are you sure you don't want treatment? Also, please don't worry about something as trivial as calories when you're dealing with something so huge. Please enjoy life as much as possible.
  • Rangerfied
    Rangerfied Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your tumour. I had Follicular Lymphoma earlier this year and went through radiation treatment. I didn't have to have chemo though. It takes a toll on you. May things work out the best for you. Keep up the fight.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you, may you be given strength for your journey! You are an inspiration, thank you for sharing. Also whatever you choose I respect your decision, it is your body and your pain, the side effects are real and that is nothing to take lightly.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Chemo: Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    mij140 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation. From the title of your post, it looks like you are choosing not to do the recommended chemo? As a registered nurse, I take care of many cancer patients. I see their struggle and their strength every day. Please reconsider chemo. Sometimes faith is not enough and you have to fight for yourself.

I would also say that using modern treatments doesn't mean you lack faith...God put doctors and scientists and nurses, etc on the planet for a reason...
    Bingo -

I hope and pray you reconsider OP, and I do hope all goes well for you.
  • sunnysunny88
    sunnysunny88 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Please, if you are thinking of not doing chemo Pleeaaase reconsider. My mother decided not to have treatment, choosing alternative treatment instead until it was too late. It completely destroyed her body and the thing is statistically her cancer (bowel) had a high chance of survival when caught and treated early, it was caught early just not treated. I believe in God and I know he can do miracles but He has also gifted incredible doctors and nurses to be able to provide these treatments
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you andGetFitKTB to my prayers.