Replies

• aimers7678
    aimers7678 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    SW 192
    CW 186
    GW 160
    5'8 1/2"
    I absolutely love this post because it's people just like me and they lost so I can too! I just lowered my GW because I think it should be achievable!
    I was really struggling in getting the scale to move until I got a dietitian who encouraged me to increase my fat and protein intake in order to make it not so hard cutting the carbs. It has made all the difference!!! Nuts cheese and guacamole are my snacks, so yummy and filling! I am no longer munchy throughout the day. I'm not anywhere near ketosis but cutting down the carbs to around 100 a day has done wonders for me. Still eating fruits and veggies, and I even still had toast with my eggs this morning. Just more cognizant of the carbs and how they affect how I feel. It's a slower weight loss but much more enjoyable and hopefully sustainable than anything I've tried in awhile!
    Good luck all and thanks for the encouragement!
  • bcclenney
    bcclenney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Notaphase wrote: »
    I got down to 152 and then had three very stressful weeks where I was overeating by 500 calories a day and went up to 156. Five days ago I realized that I either had to give up or recommit. I recommited and it was super hard (harder than the first week I started on this program) but now I'm down to 154 again. I know these seem like small numbers but I know from past experience that the range between 150 and 156 is when I have to work the hardest and watch each pound.

I think maintaining and losing weight is mostly a mind game we play with ourselves. Keep strong. You've done an amazing job so far. Honestly I think your doctor just looked at a BMI chart and pointed at the middle of your height range and said, "you should be here". But BMI does not take muscle mass in account. So it may not be what's right for you. You look great, decide what is right for YOU and hold yourself to it. Win that mind game. Remember YOU need to be on YOUR side. Don't beat yourself up.

• rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Great job by all
  • Notaphase
    Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bum bum bum bump
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 150. I am currently 163. I have a larger frame (big shoulders, big hips, big head, hands and feet) and probably above "average" muscle mass.

I don't know why your doctor would tell you 140-145. I mean if you'd like to go that low, great, but you seem perfectly healthy where you are now. At 5'8" you can go up to 164 on the BMI scale and still be "normal".
  • Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • shur77
    shur77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think you need to assess overall...
    I'm 5'8" and all 140 lbs (most of my twenties) you could count ribs on my back.

I lift now..a lot..and currently pretty chubby @205 but I have abs and quad separation at 160 lbs.
    Weight is a really arbitrary number based on gravitational pull...measurements are a better guide and accurate body fat testing (dexa etc) are much more reliable indicators of health..and still better is blood work. If everything looks good and to your joints are ok-there's no need to chase someone's imaginary idea of a good number. It's just a guide.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!