Hikes In WA/OR State!

Options
I am a big hiking fan! Love nature, love beautiful scenery and most of all love the kickass workout it gives me! I have only hiked a few in the Oregon area (Multnomah Falls, Beacon Rock, Eagle Creek, Horsetail) and am looking to expand and get a chance to check out other awesome moderate trails! If anyone knows of any that they've heard about or have done themselves, please do share! Also, feel free to add me. Anyone! Have an awesome day fellow weight losers! :smile:

Replies

• JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    There's a lovely easy trail by the water in Manchester State Park in Washington! For a more manicured walk, check out Point Defiance Park near Tacoma as well! They have a lovely asian garden!
  • spelham15
    spelham15 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love the hike to Lower Lake Lena. Just north of Hoodsport, Washington. Hood Canal area.

Enjoy your hikes!
  • Bethabee_
    Bethabee_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Smith Rock in Terrebonne Oregon is a great workout! and BEAUTIFUL view at the top!
  • ArtieKuhn88
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will definitely be getting my google on for some of these hikes. :smile:
  • annakoral
    annakoral Posts: 6
    Options
    I used to live on Whidbey Island and I hiked the Deception Pass trails weekly and the trails at Fort Ebey I hiked 5 days a week after work. It was amazingly beautiful and I miss it everyday. My favorite place on earth (that I have seen) is Olympic National Rain Forest though. Just gorgeous, everywhere you look is like a post card. I don't think you will be sorry you went to any of these places. Happy trails!
  • spacecat
    spacecat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've lived and hiked in the PNW for going on 7 years now, you just can't beat the Cascades!

For a newbie hiker, I recommend you pick up one of the Mountaineer's Club books for your region (if you're not sure where to start, go to your local REI store and flip through the selection), and just work your way cover to cover. Their descriptions are easy to understand, and you'll hit all the classic hikes.

This is totally unsolicited, but if don't already have them, I also recommend picking up a pair of trekking poles. You may not need them for inclines and descents, but they're a great way to add a little extra oomph to your hiking workout and tone up your triceps :)
  • ArtieKuhn88
    Options
    I've lived and hiked in the PNW for going on 7 years now, you just can't beat the Cascades!

For a newbie hiker, I recommend you pick up one of the Mountaineer's Club books for your region (if you're not sure where to start, go to your local REI store and flip through the selection), and just work your way cover to cover. Their descriptions are easy to understand, and you'll hit all the classic hikes.

This is totally unsolicited, but if don't already have them, I also recommend picking up a pair of trekking poles. You may not need them for inclines and descents, but they're a great way to add a little extra oomph to your hiking workout and tone up your triceps :)

Thank you so much! I will def do that! :)
  • ArtieKuhn88
    Options
    I used to live on Whidbey Island and I hiked the Deception Pass trails weekly and the trails at Fort Ebey I hiked 5 days a week after work. It was amazingly beautiful and I miss it everyday. My favorite place on earth (that I have seen) is Olympic National Rain Forest though. Just gorgeous, everywhere you look is like a post card. I don't think you will be sorry you went to any of these places. Happy trails!

Thanks girl! Sounds AH-MAZ-ING! I will def check these out. :)