I lost 100 and binged my way back up

Options
Last year I lost 110 lbs going from 275 to 165. I got to a point where I was happy with myself, and then I started binge eating. Happens atleast once a week, and because of it, I've gained back 30 lbs. I don't even know where to begin. I can't control myself around food anymore. Any advice would be great

Replies

• aussieketogal
    aussieketogal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It's easy to get comfortable and then slowly allow yourself to gain weight again.

You know what to do as you totally rocked dropping the weight last year.

Now, you just have to make the decision to do it.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Make a plan for yourself that you can follow.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    It's easier said than done but it would be good to try and understand what causes you to binge eat, whether it is emotional or out of boredom.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Well done on acknowledging it early! A lot of people don't face up to it and end up gaining back all of their weight.

I often think that whilst binging the thought of going back to a strict deficit is just overwhelming. It becomes easy to just think "just one more day, then I'll start again" because it's daunting.

So I'd suggest maybe the next few weeks just aiming to maintain. That'll help you get the binges back under control and get you back in the tracking mindset. It's easier and less daunting then going into a deficit straight away, and it'll give you a sense of achievement that will help you make that transition. It'll help you start to get back into all the good habits without feeling deprived at all.

Best of luck.
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I lost 45lbs last year and gained 35 back after I stared a new job and school. A lot of my trouble is im an emotional eater. It was so easy to not notice how bad it got until I was wearing my stretchy pants every day! First step for me is recognizing what brings me to overeat in the first place (laziness, stress, etc) and then noting in the moment what is going on. (I'm feeling lazy and don't want to cook, I'm stressed from work, I don't have to log this snack, I screwed up once today might as well go all out) Even if i eat the junk that time, next time i can catch myself 1st and choose to eat an apple instead of chips. Maybe this can help you stop binges (if you have a reasonable diet plan in the first place where you're not starving yourself)
  • TerryMyfitbitsnbobs
    Options
    Last year I lost 110 lbs going from 275 to 165. I got to a point where I was happy with myself, and then I started binge eating. Happens atleast once a week, and because of it, I've gained back 30 lbs. I don't even know where to begin. I can't control myself around food anymore. Any advice would be great

It's all too easy for people to beat you up about it and even easier to beat yourself up.
    DON'T!
    It's done. It's a past chapter in a book that you are IN THE PROCESS of writing.
    Chalk it down to a lesson that has given you knowledge. Look at it as a new sculture of a beautiful thing.
    Most importantly; face each day, each craving, each nibble as a single small step to climb.
    If you stare at the mountain top, you will trip over the pebble.