What do you like about maintenance?

Options
Let's get some positive mojo going about maintenance! What has gone well for you? What do you like about it? Any pleasant surprises?

I'm pretty new to maintenance and I love that my body is still changing, my clothes are still getting looser, even though my weight is the same.

Replies

• HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am new to the game but I love it this time as I feel better geared for it. I love it as I found what suits me, I love it as while loosing healthy living that feels easy and happy was my goal and now it doesn't feel much of a transition. I love it as I like shopping and trying clothes, while feeling good about myself. I love it as I am not as focus on weight, day after day and I can focus on other things more - as picking up small charity project or getting my career progress going again.

• srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I can actually have a few beers and still be under goal. Then again I may end up eating too much
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for just over a year after losing 30+ lbs. I like just been less anxious about logging as a whole. Personally, I weigh several times weekly to make sure I'm staying in range, but the food-exercise-weight thing is just more relaxed as a whole.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone on successful maintenance! Thank you for your encouraging stories. It's kinda sad that a positive topic brings only 8 or so responses whereas a negative thread about "I hate maintenance" brings dozens of comments, lol.

Congrats to you for hitting maintenance!

As for the responses...I guess complaining is just easier or more folks just need to get it out.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    While I do like that I can eat more now, what I really like about maintenance is that I am more active now without really trying to be. It is just second nature to me now and I hate just sitting around. I have enjoyed reading this thread. I will say that I think there are more negative maintenance post than positive, because maintenance is kind of hard at first. There is so much worry about re-gaining the weight and then lots of people (myself included) seem to have a hard time figuring out their maintenance calories and keep losing weight when they are not trying to lose any more. It can be difficult and so questions are asked which could sound negative.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    What do i like about maitenance?

Mainly just the 250 calories per day more than when I was losing. :)

Also, as someone else mentioned, clothes still fitting. One thing I didn't like about losing was sometimes a clothing item I loved became too loose to wear any more.