km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Prime rib.

w2xa79l0y1q1.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    We usually do a ham...I'm doing a cranberry glaze this year. I like doing prime rib too, but my kids won't touch it...so usually ham.

Plus, I like the leftovers and I use the hock to make split pea soup the day after.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I do an enormous breakfast for my family on Christmas Day - and then we do easy, appetizer types of snacks throughout the rest of the day. Christmas is a day of peace for me - I don't want to spend it killing myself in the kitchen :)
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    O, LAMB CURRY. Yum, that's what I made last year. This year is chicken curry because I woke up to a totally thawed out fridge/freezer so I had to cook ALL the meat that I had. Luckily I don't keep a ton of food on hand, but I ended up with a GIANT crock pot of chicken curry because that's the sauce I had on hand to pour over it, and a smaller crock pot of pork chops. Also luckily it's like 10 degree out so all my fridge stuff is sitting on my (screened in) porch.
    I cooked the curry up and my mother stuck it in her freezer because my brother really likes curry and he'll be home for a few days Christmas week.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I'm making a turkey and a ham this year
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I always do ham.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    We are having fancy cheeseburgers this year.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Turkey and beef in my house
  • Manly_hood
    Manly_hood Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    dc6088 wrote: »
    https://goo.gl/images/DYHGsy
    Lambie
    How do you like your cooked?

Maranite overnight and slow oven cooked , yummy
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Yes, Turkey & Ham for us this year as well !

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Lasagna, every year. It's a tradition that my grandma started before I was born :smile:
  • Manly_hood
    Manly_hood Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Lasagna, every year. It's a tradition that my grandma started before I was born :smile:

That's really nice
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    We have ham and lasagna at one house (the Italians) and a whole roasted pork at the other (the Cubans). Soooo yummy!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I don't care for turkey, so anything else really, lol.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Mrs. wants a big old breakfast for Christmas, and I want a big old ham for lunch. We already have a big old pecan pie for dessert.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Christmas food sounds disgusting to me this year, Im so over all the bull *kitten* that goes with this time of year.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Ham on Christmas Day. Lamb on just about every other day because lamb's awesome and I'm not saving that for Christmas.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Tofurkey
  • ParadiseLost91
    ParadiseLost91 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm from Denmark (northern Europe).

We traditionally have either pork roast or duck, or both! We do both in our family, because they are both deliscious haha.
    This is served with potatoes and sauce, caramelised potatoes, warm red cabbage, and loooots of wine.
    We celebrate Christmas eve on the 24th, where we also dance around the Christmas tree and open presents.
    We have no celebration on the 25th, that os just a normal day to us in Scandinavia :)