Starting over....again. looking for support:)

Options
My name is Ashley and I'm 24 and a mother of 3 beautiful girls. I say I'm starting over again, because so many times I say "starting tomorrow I'm going to start my weightloss journey" and everytime it lasts no more than a day. A couple years ago I did good and lost over 20 pounds and then fell off the wagon and gained it all back plus some. I know that it's time to lose weight. I'm ALWAYS tired, and am always eating junk food. I always feel sick and just completely worn out and I knoe if because of my eating and lifestyle habits. A little about my weight and my goals..... I'm 5'6" and about 225 pounds. My goal weight is 140, but to start I would just like to make getting under 200 pounds my starting goal. I will start with limiting my calories to about 1700 and trying to get to the gym everyday or at least do some sort or workout on a daily basis. Any tips and motivation would be absolutely appreciated. Especially with how to force myself to make better food choices. Sugar is just so addicting. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope that this time I have the willpower to stick with my weightloss plan.

Replies

• Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley!! My name is Victoria. You can add me for support if you wish! I have similar goals as yourself! I never used to struggle with weight and i had some health concerns for the past 6 years and i gained over 90lbs. Still working on my health issues but i have lost 20lbs so far and making some drastic changes to eating and my work out routine so im hoping for the results i am aiming for. Would love to support you on your journey as well!
  • lennyjennison
    lennyjennison Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You may add me as well! If I have someone to hold be accountable, maybe I will finish a diary!
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley! I too am starting over...Again. a few years back I started lost about 38lb and fell off the wagon and gained it all back. Since then it's been a battle but I know it's time to make a real change. Would be happy to offer support if you're looking for it!
    ~Monica
  • ctleonard9
    ctleonard9 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley, Please ad me as a friend or I will try and invite you. I never got great with the technology on the website. I lost 10 lbs on mfp but have gained 7 back because I quit my early morning cardio routine that just wasn't sustainable for me and quit counting calories.

Victoria, I too had health concerns and have gone from a vey regular weight of 125 at age 39 to 210 at age 56, what a bummer. My health is mostly better but it is a struggle to lose weight. I will be glad to even get back to 165 because losing is so hard.
  • Bri8234
    Bri8234 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley, I am in the same boat. I'm actually a college student but I never have time to focus on my weight goals except for summer and winter break. I lost 25 lbs over the summer and have gained all of it plus some back and I'm done with it. I'll be more than happy to give you and anyone else here looking for it, support, I have found that these journeys are much harder alone.
    -Brianna
  • price101110
    price101110 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been an on again off again member of myfitnesspal..i delete the app everytime i give up :( I'm going for it for real this time by eating around 1,200 calories a day and really replacing all the carbs and sugar i'm used to eating with protein and vegetables. It's going great so far, it seems to be a lot easier than i always thought it would be surprisingly. I am 5'2" and I have around 40lbs to lose! Hoping to be bikini ready by Spring 2017 for the first time in about 4 years! :smiley:
  • alavocat92
    alavocat92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input I'm glad I'm not alone in this! I know it is possible and maybe by helping keep each other motivated and on track we will all reach our goals a little easier! :)
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley! I'm starting over too. Sending you a friend request.
  • wanpingthegreat
    wanpingthegreat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hit me up! I'm looking for accountabilibuddy too :)
  • amansidhugill
    amansidhugill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes Same problem. I have been exercising ad on the right track. Have been off track on food since october:(
    Really need to get back on food
  • Kidphysique
    Kidphysique Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Honestly.. and I say this with support, if you really wanted to make a change you would have. One of the best inspirational stories that inspire me is when someone asked a fit person how to be in shape and be motivated? The fit person said I'll show you, meet me on the beach tomorrow. So puzzled he met the fitness person at the beach. He asked how will this give me motivation? The fit person said walk out deeper into the water, so waist deep he asked again how will this give me motivation? The fit person took him and dunked him under the water, after a shot while the guy started to thrash. The fit person let go and he surfaced and shouted what did you do that for!? The fit person said while you were underwater what did you think about? You weren't thinking about some party next week or what you will do tomorrow.. all you were thinking about was air to breathe..

if you apply that to your goals I promise you that you will get there.
  • allison_ringo
    allison_ringo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me as well. I'm starting over again as well. This time more motivated and focused to make some changes due to gaining the weight back and then some. Now my goal is to lose around 20 pounds. I'm 5'3 currently 156 pounds
  • chellybu
    chellybu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a seven week old and was cleared to start exercising again. I am 179 and 5' 6 so my goal is 35-40 lbs but need some group accountability! I feel like I am starting all over again as this is my fourth child and I had finally gotten comfortable with my weight/size before getting pregnant. I am a working mom so squeezing in the workouts can be tough. Going to try early mornings again but need to get back into a good routine.
  • juliegracew
    juliegracew Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hope you find MFP, to be a great motivator to stay on track of your goals. You may add me as well. Congratulations to making this decision for your health and well being.