Anyone tried weight watchers or SW in past?

Options
Just wondered how many people have don't WW or SW in the past and have you found u have more success with MFP? I did WW 7 years ago and lost 5st - stopped going and it's crept back on. Have tried SW but find I eat way too much as they say everything is "free" etc.

I've been going back and forth with both slimming clubs but I need the cycle to break and want long term success xx

Replies

• romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I did WW after my last pregnancy and it worked but I have had just as much success using MyFitnessPal. It all comes down to what you touched upon....sticking with it! Nothing will work if you stop working at it.

Both MFP and WW come down to counting...one counts points the other actual calories so I really don't see a difference. As always due what will work best for you and what you will be able to stick to.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I did WW after my last pregnancy and it worked but I have had just as much success using MyFitnessPal. It all comes down to what you touched upon....sticking with it! Nothing will work if you stop working at it.

Both MFP and WW come down to counting...one counts points the other actual calories so I really don't see a difference. As always due what will work best for you and what you will be able to stick to.

I completely agree with everything said above.
  • louiseburrows44
    louiseburrows44 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks my lovelies .... sometimes u just need someone else to tell u what u already know if that makes sense! Xx
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 pounds on WW, and the last 20 on MFP. Not a lot of difference, except that the newest version of WW really demonizes carbs and suger, and that didn't work as well for ME. I chose to cut a lot of junk out but didn't want to use half my daily point every time I wanted a piece of birthday cake.