Anybody lose their cellulite when they lost weight?

Options
Just wondering if anybody here who lost a big/small amount of weight saw a reduce in cellulite appearance? I hope that on my journey the cellulite on the back of my thighs and butt area goes down before I go ahead a buy a bunch of expensive creams lol. I thought I always had cellulite because I have thick thighs and butt lol.

If you want I would love to see before and after pictures too of your cellulite if you have any! :)

Thanks!

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    @shadow2soul Looking good!
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Gone? Nope. But WAY better. Like 75% reduction.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everyone has cellulite. The creams don't work.

https://gokaleo.com/2013/03/06/cellulite-its-time-we-all-just-get-the-hell-over-it/
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I didn't take specific pictures, not my favorite area of my body. But after going down to 150-153 from 220 something, it's way better, and I'm comfortable enough to wear short shorts, which i don't think i was ever able to wear. So definitely happy with the progress.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Just my personal experience, but my cellulite always decreases in appearance as I lose weight. Exercise seems to further diminish the appearance of cellulite. I don't think mine will ever be fully gone, but even after 13 lbs loss I can notice a difference in my legs.
  • barni71
    barni71 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mine was fairly bad before I started dieting and now I'm more or less at my goal weight it isn't completely gone but I would say it's about 90% better than it was.
  • xMiracat
    xMiracat Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies it makes me feel better. Congrats to you all who were able to get rid of them at least a little bit. I think I'll start doing more squats and lunges! :)
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nope, mine is still there. But it is SLOWLY going away with strength training and exercise in general.
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this thread! It's given me lots of hope for my thighs and bum
  • Zhukaya
    Zhukaya Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can't speak from experience in losing weight and cellulite disappearing, but back in my skinny days (5' 4", 120 pounds) I had cellulite on my thighs and the only time I got it to go away was when I started training my legs for soccer. Building muscle seems to be a pretty decent "remedy".
  • VeganFaceHole
    VeganFaceHole Posts: 39 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I lost a lot a weight and acually gained some cellulite.
    But its only now that im lifting that its going away.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    xMiracat wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody here who lost a big/small amount of weight saw a reduce in cellulite appearance? I hope that on my journey the cellulite on the back of my thighs and butt area goes down before I go ahead a buy a bunch of expensive creams lol. I thought I always had cellulite because I have thick thighs and butt lol.

If you want I would love to see before and after pictures too of your cellulite if you have any! :)

Thanks!

I've seen a reduction in my cellulite by like 60 percent after dropping 30 pounds. I attribute this to diet and weight training. I have 40 more pounds to loose so I'm expecting it to go away in a few years with continued strength training