Had Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy 11/23/16

Options
Hi All!

Long time member of My Fitness Pal---unfortunately, after losing the same 50lbs over and over across 5 years, I made the decision of having a vertical sleeve gastrectomy.

Anyone who would like to add me, please do! I need all the support I can get!

Thanks!

Replies

• breathehappiness2018
    Options
    I was sleeved 11/22/16
  • breathehappiness2018
    Options
    I don't know how to add, please add me
  • Goose28in
    Goose28in Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 2 years ago (September 2014). I lost a total of 150 lbs. I have gained some back but I have a weight in mind that I don't want to go over ever again.

I will add you both.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Are you graduating to solids soon?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband

I had the bypass a few years ago and the surgery has been a life-changer for sure. Family has completely forgotten and keep trying to ply me with drinks at meals.
  • proteinandunicorns
    Options
    I'm a fellow sleever as of 10/11/16, I'll be sure to add you as it's nice to have the motivation from someone on a similar journey!
  • carl_garcia
    carl_garcia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved the 14th of November 2016. down 25 pounds :)
    Im logging my food and I get the message from MFP that I am not eating enough. How do we document our food??
  • crypsyx
    crypsyx Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved the 14th of November 2016. down 25 pounds :)
    Im logging my food and I get the message from MFP that I am not eating enough. How do we document our food??

i add "quick count calories" to get myself over the 1k mark so i can get it to record it. that way it doesn't throw off my macros because it only counts the calories.
  • carl_garcia
    carl_garcia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Excellent... thank you :)
  • jodiwarren2014
    jodiwarren2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 11/23/2016! Down 19.6# this morning and I am three weeks post op. So far I am loving my sleeve, have not had many issues at all. Only think I cannot tolerate is bananas. So glad I found this discussion.
  • marchmellow2
    marchmellow2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved too! 11/18/16. Best decision EVER!!! I've lost 26 lbs since surgery. 36 lbs since starting this journey! I feel amazing!!! Good luck everyone!
  • Conchita1718
    Conchita1718 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am down 26 pounds in three weeks. My friend told me I was eating way too much? I am eating about 800-900 calories per day. I feel good and am on the puréed stage. Surgery was 12/6. She works as NP at weight loss center and said I should be around 300 - 400 calories a day. That doesn't seem right to me. Anyone else told this? I think I would pass out! I a 5'9". I am getting in my protein but do need to work on my water. Thoughts?
  • jgnatca
    Options
    @Conchita1718 I think you are doing great. The dietary charts I see from the states are far more aggressive than the program I went through here in Canada. If you are getting your protein in you are saving yourself all kinds of grief later.

And I promise you will see great results.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    As for the water, it is important. Two words. Kidney Stones.

Carry water with you everywhere.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Obey your doctor. Not your friends, not your internet.
  • frasimo
    frasimo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, After fighting my weight for 45 years I was sleeved on December 5, 2016. Everything is going great. I am new to MFP so I am slowly figuring this out. How do I add someone teena27?
  • Conchita1718
    Options
    Welcome Frasimo! Thank you all for your feedback. I will be following my doctor and nutritionist advice. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. Here's to 2017!
  • cepiotrowski3
    cepiotrowski3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey....
    I was sleeved on Dec 5th 2016.. had to do a 2 week pre op optifast to shrink the liver as well. So far with pre op and 2 and a a bit weeks out I have a 12 kilo weight loss. I had what some would consider a low BMI to start with of 31. Started on mashed foods on the 18th and drinking around 2-3 litres of water a day no issues at all.. still not as prepared with food as I should be but I'll get there one day lol..
    Have a safe and Merry Christmas xx Erica
  • Kestrael_
    Kestrael_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sleeved on 12/19! :) I'm having some trouble drinking my 3-4 protein drinks a day, but it is the best decision I've ever made for myself. :)
  • Conchita1718
    Options
    I was sleeved on 12/6 with BMI of 43. Have lost 33 pounds (includes the 8 day pre-op protein fluids). I am consuming around 900-1000 calories a day and trying to get in all water. Struggling with meeting my protein (75). Although I am very proud and excited, I have plateaued. I am frustrated but really think my body is just trying to "figure out what I am doing". Think I need to stop weighing myself EVERY day. Happy New Year all! Here's to being losers!