Oatmeal

Options
Anyone has an idea on an oatmeal recipe? i Love oatmeal but I want to try a different way to make it beside the "norm"...
I hope to get some yummy recipies :bigsmile:

Thank you :D
"C"

Replies

• ashes2smash
    ashes2smash Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can check out Biggest Loser Bob`s website! He`s a big advocate for oatmeal and gives tons of recipes.
  • CraftyJenguin
    CraftyJenguin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I put pumpkin and cinnamon in mine. Nom nom nom. I have also put a little bit of light cream cheese in it, too.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    This site has some interesting oatmeal recipes and she is on MFP:

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    This isn't really a recipe, but an idea that kinda taste like cinnamon bread pudding.
    I made quaker cinnamon oatmeal, throw in raisins, put in a container, stick it in the fridge. The next day I pull it out, and it taste so so much better than when it's warm, like a dessert : 3.
    but it might just be me..D:.
  • kerrylou150
    Options
    I like chocolate raspberry oatmeal. I have it almost every morning unless i am on an egg sandwich kick like i am right now. Make your plain oatmeal as usual. Stir in one tbsp of seedless red raspberry jam, a handful of frozen whole raspberry, and one tbsp of chocolate chips. I like to use dark chocolate chips. so good!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with chocolate whey protein, banana, and almond milk.. or with banana, cinnamon, and unsweetened applesauce. Yummy and keeps me full for hours :)
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Check out Chocolatecoveredkatie.com.

Lots of amazing oatmeal recipes and more!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    I add the dried berry mix, slivered almonds, crumbled walnuts, and a little brown sugar.
  • aneilee
    aneilee Posts: 10
    Options
    @Ashlynne, I will check out the website, thank you!
    @wavebaby pumpkin and cinnamon sounds really good. I like cream cheese, well I kinda love cream cheese lol but never thought of the two going toguether I will defenetly give it a try since I already have some :happy:
    @nextrightthing Thank you i am checking it out too :D

Yey thank you for the quick reply...
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    cinnamon, splenda/truvia, and a splash of vanilla extract - - or even a little bit of fresh apple, microwaved with a tad of butter and cinnamon mixed in!
  • aneilee
    Options
    ~~~~ I bet is good! My husband thinks I am weird because I always make lots of oatmeal so I can save some in the fridge for later lol
    Thank you

This isn't really a recipe, but an idea that kinda taste like cinnamon bread pudding.
    I made quaker cinnamon oatmeal, throw in raisins, put in a container, stick it in the fridge. The next day I pull it out, and it taste so so much better than when it's warm, like a dessert : 3.
    but it might just be me..D:.
  • CatharinaC
    CatharinaC Posts: 32
    Options
    I love mine with dried cranberries, put them in right at the start and they get tender and the flavor mixes through... Also try using fresh juice to change up the flavors
  • aneilee
    Options
    I like chocolate raspberry oatmeal. I have it almost every morning unless i am on an egg sandwich kick like i am right now. Make your plain oatmeal as usual. Stir in one tbsp of seedless red raspberry jam, a handful of frozen whole raspberry, and one tbsp of chocolate chips. I like to use dark chocolate chips. so good!

thank you I just need red raspberry jam :/ it is in my grocery list now! :D
  • aneilee
    Options
    cinnamon, splenda/truvia, and a splash of vanilla extract - - or even a little bit of fresh apple, microwaved with a tad of butter and cinnamon mixed in!

Do you like truvia better than splenda? I make mine with milk, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and splenda. I should try adding the apples.
  • aneilee
    Options
    I love mine with dried cranberries, put them in right at the start and they get tender and the flavor mixes through... Also try using fresh juice to change up the flavors

fresh juice... never thought of it.. do you have a preference of juice
    thank you
  • aneilee
    Options
    Thank you for all the awesome ideas!!!!! I for sure will try them, I can eat oatmeal for breakfast lunch and dinner lol i like it so much :D
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I put pumpkin and cinnamon in mine. Nom nom nom. I have also put a little bit of light cream cheese in it, too.

That sounds so good!

Sometimes if I don't want to use brown sugar I'll use honey and I added crushed walnuts with cinnamon.
  • happyfeet262
    Options
    no-cook oatmeal - equal parts of yogurt and oats (Old Fashioned) -
    add whatever you like but I add the following:
    *mixture of raisins and craisins
    *cocoa
    *cinnamon
    mix and eat

Mix and match the following in any combination, or individually, but keep in mind the calories add up quickly:
    variations - some days I add 1 of the following. If I have enough calories, maybe more than 1 item.
    (peanut butter and a banana added the the top part - delicious but caloric) (keep the portions small)
    *add pistachios, walnuts, almonds, or peanut butter
    *banana
    *blueberries
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • nightlightview
    nightlightview Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just about every day we make our PULSE cereal. Oatmeal 1 cup, dried fruit 3 TBSP, 2 TBSP ground up nuts with food processor, 1 TBSP milk. Serves 2 and its about 287 calories and keeps you full for hours. Super easy ready on the stove in a quick few minutes.