Surgery for extra skin removal

Options
nhgirl30
nhgirl30 Posts: 52 Member
I am thinking about plastic surgery to remove the extra skin on my arms,legs, and stomach since I have lost 132 pounds. I nervous about surgery and wondered if there was anyone who had it done. What was your experience? Would you do it again? Any advise?

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rhawkins26
    rhawkins26 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing the same thing and look forward to hearing people's responses.
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    I am thinking about plastic surgery to remove the extra skin on my arms,legs, and stomach since I have lost 132 pounds. I nervous about surgery and wondered if there was anyone who had it done. What was your experience? Would you do it again? Any advise?
    id like to hear about that too. im working out alot and im still young but still my eventual total will be 173 so im sure ill have excess skin
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    How long ago did you loose all this weight, the skin is very flexible and it can take up to 2 years from what I've read for it to tighten up. Surgery shouldn't be considered before that time, but your surgeon should tell you that.

In regards to what you're asking sorry but I have no idea but its something that concerns me a bit too.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If you search "extra skin" or "loose skin" in the message boards, you'll find a lot on this topic, some of it quite informative.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Yeah give it time and plenty of toning exersizes, as well as taking specific skin vitamins and drinking loads of water, eating plenty veg etc, try it the natural way first!
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    There was a post on here with pics some time ago of someone who had had the surgery done on arms iirc. The scars were very off-putting.

It's good news if it takes 2 years for your skin to rebound. That gives lots of time for sober reflection!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    It also depends on your age the younger you are the better it will go back and tone up
  • naisey
    naisey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

I has a tummy tuck, arms done and a breast lift, reduction. BEST thing ever. I had it all done at once (over 9 hours) and it wasn't really painful. As for the scars, 3 years on and you can hardly see them. People are well - meaning when they say you're young and it will spring back but it doesn't. I have also has a baby now and my tummy was back as flat as ever 2 hours after bub was born. Couldn't breastfeed though. If you would like more info contact me at naisey@yahoo.com :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!