Best Hot Tea for Bloating?

Options
2»

Replies

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I was just googling this today :) ginger and peppermint from what I understand! I drank a cup of peppermint tea today for this reason.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Mint tea or even better a couple of drops of mint oil (edible) in half a glass of water and it relieves you. However, these are just temporary solutions.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I drink ginger tea to settle stomach bloat/gassiness/stomach pain whatever. But mostly I've kind of figured out what triggers it to begin with and avoid those foods--for me it's excessive dairy.
  • toherlimit
    toherlimit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    g2nhsqibb8ye.jpg

I'm obsessed with this tea. It's delicious and dandelion root is great for de-bloating. :)
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Cold peppermint tea
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    @toherlimit that tea looks amazing!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    Italians use sambuca - heard coffee is bit better at removing bloatedness. Think the word bloated might be a UK word

Italians know what's up.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    toherlimit wrote: »
    g2nhsqibb8ye.jpg

I'm obsessed with this tea. It's delicious and dandelion root is great for de-bloating. :)

Love Bigelow teas but haven't seen this one yet-another one to add to the 'must find' list :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dandelion. Or the Smooth Move tea. I think it has senna.

ETA: Sorry, I have GI issues so I automatically suggested the Smooth Move. That's really for constipation, not "bloating".
  • aikilady
    aikilady Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Traditional Medicinals Lemon Balm for digestive bloating, Dandelion root tea for water weight bloating. Great company!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    crissy1110 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Bloating? What is bloating? You mean gassy?

Bloated. Gassy. Digestive system just not feeling great. I wasn't sure if there was a type of tea that could help soothe bloat/gas.

Lemon-ginger is about as good as you're going to get ... because ... ginger tends to settle stomachs.

• Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Peppermint
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Foods that have live fermentation agents can help with digestive issues. Miso soup is another option in addition to the ones in the previous replies. Fennel tisane was an old home medicine for colic infants - I don't think it works (and it certainly should not be given to infants).

I had to laugh at this. When my 2nd son was an infant 29 years ago, here in Italy, he drank alot of fennel tea. The stores sold it in the baby food section. He was the calmest of my 3 sons--just a coincidence?
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have found hot tea to help me after a rough workout where I feel really "bloated". There is no specific tea...I drink all kinds. My go-to is plain old green tea or something with ginger (I LOVE GINGER!!!!) Probiotics and foods with probiotics don't work for me quick enough, and I personally have found tea to be a quick fix usually. I will still take probiotics though as that will help me out later.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Watermelon! If you are retaining water, watermelon works as a diuretic. Or celery seed. Or just waiting it out.

If you ate too much and feel too full, yeah something bitter might help.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Ginger is good for digestive problems. You can get some good Ginger teas, but I prefer to add it to my food as a spice. Ginger lemon chicken and rice with Ginger and basil are go to items.
  • ladyoftherocks
    ladyoftherocks Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have this issue a lot. My go to for hot tea is Yogi Lemon Ginger, peppermint is also good, though I don't like it. But when I'm having a really bad time I usually buy the Kevita Lemon Ginger probiotic drink, it always helps me pretty quickly.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    crissy1110 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Bloating? What is bloating? You mean gassy?

Bloated. Gassy. Digestive system just not feeling great. I wasn't sure if there was a type of tea that could help soothe bloat/gas.

I would probably suggest probiotics if you are having digestive issues.

Another vote for this answer from me.

Probiotics are the way forward with bloating/digestive issues, works for me!
  • aquadolly_
    aquadolly_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like to drink tea on top of taking a probiotic and also like the dandilion ones. Traditional Medicinals brand makes an organic fennel one that I always buy and have at night after eating. It has a licorice flavor which I don't love but I sweeten it with a bit of Stevia and lemon.