Women multivitamin recommendation

Options
jvs125
jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
Hi ladies,

I am looking for a multivitamin that has no iron. I feel like my immune system needs the boost from a multivitamin, but when I was taking them in the past, I was constantly feeling side effects from the iron. Then my doctor got me to use psyllium to help with the side effects, but that only bloated me.

So I started using Shakeology, which helped with my immune system, energy level and did not constipate or bloat me. It's great, but I want to look into more cost-efficient options.

If I can find a multi that will not cause digestive issues, I'd be happy. Oh, and it has to be available in Canada... I was recommended one that you can find on Bodybuilding.com the other day, but it was only available in the US.. bummer!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't know, food?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I have an idea! Take a men's multi, and take Folic Acid separately. I buy any multi that is on the "close to expiry" shelf. I'm Canadian.
  • price101110
    price101110 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    if you have troubles with digestion try a probiotic :) they work great. i take ones with 4 billion live cultures but you can get ones with even 10 billion
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't know, food?

Thanks for the snark. I eat healthy food but still feel that I get sick less often and have more energy with a boost from vitamins. If you don't have recommendations as per the question asked or if you don't like the question, you don't have to write anything.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    A women's 'silver' or men's multivitamin generally won't contain iron or contain a lot less of it. (Any multi's targeted to pre-menopause aged women will likely contain full DV of iron).