What Low Calorie Snacks You Enjoy?

Options
Hi there
Just curious to know what snacks you have when your in the crave mood?
Learning to readjust to this low calorie eating. I came from a low carb dieting ...so this is quite different for me

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't do low calorie, and I don't snack. Instead I eat appropriate amounts of food split into satisfying meals. This has taken away 99% of my cravings.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I snack. Currently I'm back on to eating sunflower seeds, still in the shell. I weigh it before eating then weigh the shells after and subtract. It satisfies my finger food need infront of the tv. And it takes a little longer to eat than other food.

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    There are some great popcorn products out there that have good fiber, lots of volume, and low calories. I also like mixing a scoop of chocolate whey protein with some vanilla greek yogurt...high protein chocolate pudding!!! Be sure to fit them into appropriate calorie and macro goals, and you'll do great!
  • katthouse499
    katthouse499 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I freeze green seedless grapes and blueberries I weigh then for a cup and I snack on them or I make my own dips with sour cream and salsa and have every veggie cut up for dipping
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love my air popped popcorn! If you get a good brand of kernel, you don't need to add anything to it and it fills you up. Keeps any late night "bad" snacking at bay. Although lately I'm so tired at night I fall asleep before snacking. That's one way to keep from snacking, I suppose. :D
  • price101110
    price101110 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    carrots and ranch dressing are very filling for a mid-day snack!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    For work today I packed Greek yogurt, hummus, carrots, string cheese. Nighttime salty craving is popcorn. Sweet craving is a square of chocolate or salted caramel Greek yogurt.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    18 cheese nips crackers and two triangles of lite laughing cow cheese is 150 calories.
    One Lunar Bar ice cream is 110 calories
    Two black licorice cigars is 100 calories
    3 cups of air popped popcorn and two teaspoons of melted butter is 163 calories
    2 Lindor chocolate balls is 140 calories
  • sturgeonml2017
    sturgeonml2017 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    A store I have here has these fiber things that are 90 calories. Yes they are tiny but it does the trick for a little something sweet (hi pretend it's a snack cake). And I don't eat enough fiber anyways.I'm stuck on the cinnamon coffee cake and brownie now. Also I like string cheese, I buy a light version that is 50 calories and take my time eating it.
  • ladyoftherocks
    ladyoftherocks Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My go-tos are carrot sticks with hummus, pickles, and grapes or clementines. Also not really low calorie but really helps hold me over - half an avocado with hot sauce. I do that for breakfast sometimes too.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    My favorite afternoon snack is an apple with a cup of tea. In the summer, I like different seasonal fruit. I'm boring.
  • beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Early on, for the first month of dieting, I needed a snack. Now, a bottle of water keeps me at bay, and helps me lose weight faster.

I do snack once a week - and usually have 10 large jumbo shrimp and cocktail sauce (20 calories each = 200 + another 100 calories for the cocktail sauce).
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm not a big snacker, but when I want something in the afternoon I like beef sticks, light hot cocoa with whipped cream, a red or yelllow bell pepper sliced with ranch dressing drizzled on top, 'slim rolls' toasted with light cheese spread, an English muffin toasted with spray, Parmessan cheese and spices, and then things like a serving of cookies, serving of Fritos or sour cream and onion potato chips, tortilla chips and salsa etc.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    50-Calorie string cheese. :)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Tootsie Pops
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    An oz of cashews or Almonds with golden raisens. You can satisfy a sweet tooth that way as well.
  • lisalewis7588
    lisalewis7588 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If I find that I just have the munchies, I air pop some popcorn and don't add anything to it. Surprisingly low calorie for how much it fills you up!

If I am legit hungry and a meal is a ways off (I'm finally learning how to tell the difference between munchies and hungry...!) I eat a cheese stick or an apple.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Pickles do it every time.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Pickles and olives are my go-to, especially if I'm craving salt. A little high on the sodium side, but if you're only concerned with calories, they are on the lower side.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Egg whites with spinach and salsa, scrambled. A small piece of cheese. An ounce of lean turkey deli meat with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light rolled into a romaine leaf. Half a Quest bar. A teaspoon of nut butter with half an apple. All of these are under 100 calories and satisfying to me.