My husband had to hide the scale...

Options
....and the tape measure! He told me I was too concerned with numbers that didn't matter. He said he would allow me to weigh and measure every 2 weeks only. Of course, this came after my complete meltdown when I weighed and measured today and my weight had gone up 6 lbs since last Saturday and won't come back down (meaning I'm currently over my MFP start weight by 3 lbs!), and all of my measurements are up. This is despite eating very well and working out 6 days a week. He also said that I am getting healthier despite what the numbers are right now. I guess he's a pretty smart guy and I should listen to him...this time at least.

Replies

• WowieGarcia
    Options
    You're lucky to have him, he's a very smart man.
  • madworld711
    Options
    Your husband is very cool to do that. This means that he loves you and cares about your well-being. Just stick with your plan and try not to panic without the scale. It's not healthy to obsess. :)
  • AlphaGoldenGirl
    Options
    The numbers on your scale are most likely going up because you're gaining muscle so I wouldn't worry about it and just keep stating with eating well and working out but don't forget to switch up your workouts :) and nice job on keeping with it despite the scale setback! Determination!
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My husband did the same thing in February . . . haven't weighed since then! Good or bad . . . idk . . . just wanted you to know that you are not alone.
  • wmartin8
    wmartin8 Posts: 22
    Options
    six pounds in a week is quite extreme I doubt you have gained that much if any. If you must weigh yourself try picking at time of the day and weighing yourself at that time every single time. Most people weigh themselves in the morning before breakfast to avoid having any undigested food in their stomachs.
  • katnz17
    katnz17 Posts: 45
    Options
    I think it's really important to listen to the people who know us well because they can see the changes in our bodies better then we can. Even when you're not losing weight on the scale, your body shape can be changing in a positive way with the change over to muscle. With the day to day you don't tend to notice that on your own body but spouses, parents, friends, they generally do. :)
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Women cannot gain more than a pound of muscle in a month wouldnt want you to have false hopes on that one. But something that has happened to me is that if I ate something "naughty" the night before (2 or 3 servings of ice cream or something like it), something with lots of sodium or if I had a binge my scale would show like up to 3 pounds more. After eating normally and drinking lots of water the next day everything would go back to normal. If you've been consistent during the week it could be water retention, specially if it seems out of nowhere. We are both very blessed to have caring husbands :wink: .
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    :) that's great!
  • cbelli
    cbelli Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks for the support ya'll! I typically weigh every morning after I wake up and go potty. That's why it was such a shock when the 6 lbs showed up out of no where and then STAYED for the past week. It did the same thing the week prior, but I thought AF had to be the culprit. But, that is the sole reason my husband has put the ban on weighing for a while. He wants me to stay motivated without the scale being mean to me. lol Also, I have really been watching the sodium intake and making sure I get at least 64oz of water a day, most of the time more. I'm not drinking diet coke anymore and have stayed with in my calorie goal every day. Pretty much, I'm doing everything I know to do...which should mean I good things will come soon. I'm just hoping it's sooner rather than later!