Need Accountability Friends

Options
mtlhead79
mtlhead79 Posts: 4 Member
edited December 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all, I am in serious need of accountability friends here on MFP. The holidays are kicking my butt.......gained 7 pounds in the past month! Starting Keto tomorrow, would love more friends to help with motivation. Happy Holidays!

Replies

• circlek31
    circlek31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi, i can try helping. i'm on the same boat myself. what is keto by the way. do you have a plan or idea how we can help each other?
  • vmtama27
    vmtama27 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My sister is struggling with Keto, she feels like she's starving herself. Her boyfriend has been successful but he's really really big. MFP works for me and it's been fun I don't feel like I'm on a diet
  • Melo_65
    Melo_65 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling thru the holidays as well. I haven't yet figured how to add people, but I would like accountability friends too. Merry Christmas.
  • summer21forever
    summer21forever Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and take a look at my profile. It's open. If you feel like I could be inspirational, then go ahead and friend me. :)
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I am always good with new friends :)
  • MissRipley94
    MissRipley94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new here and I don't know how to add friends... But I am in serious need of accountability friends too and would be glad to be yours!
  • mtlhead79
    mtlhead79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks everyone. Circlek31, Keto is a low carb plan. www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/diet-plan. I have been researching it, but not too sure it's sustainable. I am mainly focusing on more raw fruits and veggies, and staying away from sugar and processed white foods. The holidays are really showing on the scale, and I feel blah...Keto seems like a good start ! It's so damn cold here, it's hard to exercise outside .....but I managed jumping jacks and squats today inside :)
  • ca_french
    ca_french Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey my friend lost 30 lbs on Keto and his wife 20 in the first 5 weeks. My moms friend told me lastnight she went from a 3xl to an xl doing the keto (she calls it banting) diet. I started last week and am down 3lbs. Im noticing my biggest struggle has been craving sweets and chocolate, any low carb suggestions out there? Good luck everyone :)
  • TexasNurseSteph
    TexasNurseSteph Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My current weight is 264 lbs. My goal is 165 lbs. I lost 41 pounds and i have gained pounds back. My start weight was 289 lbs. I gained a large amount of weight (like 120 pounds!) with my last pregnancy. I have a family history of diabetes, I want to avoid that and be able to be more active with my 2 kids. I would like to restart my weight loss journey. I would love to have new friends, and friends who are maybe in a similar situation as me. Thanks!
  • brentoid
    brentoid Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ca_french wrote: »
    Hey my friend lost 30 lbs on Keto and his wife 20 in the first 5 weeks. My moms friend told me lastnight she went from a 3xl to an xl doing the keto (she calls it banting) diet. I started last week and am down 3lbs. Im noticing my biggest struggle has been craving sweets and chocolate, any low carb suggestions out there? Good luck everyone :)

Just came up with this one last night. It's going to get better through the holidays for sure...

Decadent Keto Dark Chocolate Milk

Ingredients:

Hershey's Cocoa powder Special Dark
    1 tbsp (2 net carbs)

Sugar free maple syrup
    2 tbsp (I used Maple Grove farms sugar free maple flavor which ends up being less than one net carb. You may need to use more to your liking but 1/4 a cup is just one net carb)

Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    10 ounces (I used simple truth brand, which is one net carb)

So that totals about 4 net carbs. You can use the regular Cocoa if you're not a fan of dark chocolate. Here's the best way to go about it...

I used an electric shake blender (the battery operated one with the plastic 'blade) but any blender will do. Poured in the almond milk, then the maple syrup, then the chocolate while the blender ran. Let it blend for about a minute until it gets dark brown. I suppose a regular blender would have more power so you could just throw everything in at once. With my blender it didn't quite get all of the Cocoa mixed and some little bits were at the top but it didn't taste chalky at all. It was very smooth, very rich, and perfectly sweet and chocolaty. I let each sip roll around in my mouth and never once had a weird aftertaste or undertaste. It was so good and I was well under my carbs so I made two. It's the first real chocolate taste I've had on a Keto diet EVER. As I've decided to Keto for life now, I'm experimenting with everything. I tried several sweeteners and nothing worked as well with the Cocoa as using sugar free maple syrup. You totally lose the maple but it enriches the chocolate flavor. Let me know if you try it and what you think.
  • SunshineHardcore
    SunshineHardcore Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keto is sustainable. Some great groups on facebook for it if you do that, lots of people who have been keto for years(some groups are crazier than others, there is more than one way to keto despite what some of them say). I'm only a month in, I've lost 11lbs despite taking the week of thanksgiving off. Its the first time in my life I've had this kind of success without being able to lift heavy. Its also the first time I've dieted without feeling like I'm starving constantly. I've been under my daily calories without trying to be every time I track my food (I'm a bit inconsistent with tracking).

For sweets, I love homemade whipping cream with either sugar free toriani syrup or xylitol & whatever flavor I'm craving, sometimes cocoa powder & vanilla extract, sometimes cinnamon. you can also have measured amounts of lower carb berries, raspberries are good, strawberries.

The first week when I was really struggling I pushed my carbs closer to 30g so I could have banana & egg pancakes. I added some vanilla, cinnamon, xylitol, flax meal & baking powder to make them feel a little more substantial & have the taste I wanted. A single banana is 20g of carb, so its not a good choice on the regular, but they made the difference between me sticking it out through the initial adaptation. There was a night about a week in where I thought I was going to loss my mind if I had to eat anymore meat or fat & that stopped me from giving up. A day or two later I felt perfectly fine again about the whole thing & I haven't looked back since.

Feel free to add me if you dont mind that I'm inconsistent about tracking. :)
  • _BrewingAZ_
    _BrewingAZ_ Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me