EARLY MORNING WORKOUT CHALLANGE! Who's with me?!

Options
finayoun
finayoun Posts: 16 Member
So I am HORRIBLE at waking up early. If you wake me up before my alarm does, I'm a zombie who's ready for revenge! lol! However, I've seen people benefit from waking up early and going about their day. As someone who is married, goes to work full time, and college full time, getting a workout in can seem like an impossible thing to do. However, these is a certain part of the day that gives me NO excuse to not workout....MORNINGS!

Where are my fellow morning zombies?! Let's do a 1 week challenge where we get up early, head to the gym or exercise at home. I know I can't do this alone and need people who are ready to give it their all! My early is 6:00am (ugh even saying it makes me tired lol)but make it your "early", just as long as we do it! If I can train my body to workout early, I'll have the whole day ahead of me!

Who wants to take on this challenge?

Why a week? Because anymore than that and I'll scare myself into not doing it. (baby steps, baby steps). Who's in?!

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I either wake up at 5AM and go to the gym, or go after work. I've been wanting to make morning work outs more of a habit though because I like being able to just head home after work and spend time with my family!
  • MelissaH0910
    MelissaH0910 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've exercised at 4 or 4:30 a.m. for years, but I got off track over the summer because of an injury, and now I can't get my motivation back.
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I'm up at 4am most mornings, (2 kids and fiancé my only alone time to paint) So, I will check in after my workouts with you all!!
  • elsapm
    elsapm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have every excuse in the book lately, so hopefully this will help get me back on track.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I wake up usually at 4:45, and try to start exercising by 5:30. I exercise until 7am, then jump in the shower and get ready for work to be there by 8. Once you get used to it, it's second nature, and you'll sleep better at night and won't have as many issues getting to bed earlier.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4 (ugh for real) to exercise monday through friday. Im in
  • finayoun
    finayoun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!! Looking forward to it! If you havent already, join the group:

LINK:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/117465-early-morning-workout-challenge-whos-with-me-1-week
  • Bobbie48421
    Bobbie48421 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am a fellow morning zombie but I need to do this as much as I hate the idea. My body will thank me later, right?? Lol
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm in too
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm in. For 8 weeks now I've been waking up at 4am to run c25k 3 days a week, but I want to do more on rest days.

Not sure about the timing though, being off work for 10 days, I might sleep in until 6 :D
  • randr357
    randr357 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in, I find that I am more motivated when I do my exercises in the morning, lately it has been 430, before that it was 530, but I guess my body is becoming more motivated:-)! I have currently been doing T25, and I feel great! I eventually want to start running again!