Runners, What is Your Power Song?

Options
I have 3: Danger Zone and Playing With The Boys, both from Top Gun and Tina Turner's Simply The Best.

Replies

• Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My new favorite! The Greatest by Sia

hv4qoztpcy4z.png
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Since you mention Sia, gotta play move your body and unstoppable
    But I have several I like to play, like James Brown; I feel good

I often play by BPM though, so it will be different depending on the pace I will be running at.

• BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have a few...

Eye of the Tiger
    Mama Said Knock You Out
    The Power
    Seek and Destroy
    Single Ladies (not that I want to be single, but the beat makes me run fast!! Lol)
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I like :follow the leader (jLO) that's my girl (5th harmony) good feeling (Flo rida)
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Depends on the run but for LSD-outdoors-winter, I go for a tune such as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQwmQhQjwQw

• CrabbyCancerMama
    CrabbyCancerMama Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly a hip hop person...I like Kanye West Stronger, Mackelmore Can't Hold Us, Will.I.Am Power, Lil Jon Turn Down for What
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    I like hard rock and heavy metal. But for some reason an old rap song from 1982 got stuck in my head the other day and I went and bought the damned album. I blasted it during one of my runs this week and found myself speeding up. It will be on my playlist for my New Years Eve race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKhi9ITkRgA
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly a hip hop person...I like Kanye West Stronger, Mackelmore Can't Hold Us, Will.I.Am Power, Lil Jon Turn Down for What

@StacyOglesbee I agree with all of these! But Macklemore's Can't Hold Us truly gets me EVERY TIME. Like I'll be done with my run, it will come on and I just have to run a few more minutes lol
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Sheer Terror - Heartburn in G
    A Day to Remember - Paranoia
    As I Lay Dying - Nothing Left
    36 Crazyfists - The Heart and the Shape
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    REO Speedwagon- Take it on the run
    Triumph- Lay it on the line
    Fabulous- Breathe
    Lupe Fiasco- Daydreamin
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    "The One" - Deuce.
  • davepete57
    davepete57 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Radar Love - Golden Earing
    Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
    Any Zydeco music
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I also have a few...

Lose Yourself - Eminem (I start off every 5k I run with this)
    Breathe - Prodigy
    Rise Up - Cypress Hill
    Living Dead Girl - Rob Zombie
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Enter the Ninja - Die Antwoord
    Lose Yourself - Eminem
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I traded in my running for walking, but when I ran consistently, it was My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) by Fall Out Boy.
  • rks581
    rks581 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like happy hardcore =/ which is 180 bpm electronic music with cheesy lyrics about love and rainbows, and also some trance. Right now my warmup song is 'Bang 9' by Recon, it's fast and loud and gets me going.

Runtastic picked the "Double Rainbow Song" as my power song. For some reason. It might be a good choice, it makes me laugh a lot and that might get more air into my lungs...
  • cbro70
    cbro70 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I like many of the above ones. I normally listen to Korn, LP and Rob Zombie but still think the best is Army cadences. Guess I will never get that out of me. LOL !!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of playlists put together based on pace (using jog.fm). My race playlist has the faster paced songs that I use less often. The best speed songs on that are Hozier songs (Take Me to Church, Angel of Small Death) and Tupac (Hit 'em Up).

From my slower paced playlist that I use more often: Impossible is Nothing, Iggy Azalea is a good motivational song, though it seems slower paced at some spots. Pump It! by Black Eyed Peas is a nice fast-paced song that I use to start out and really get my blood flowing and heart beating fast. That playlist has a big range of variety, though. "Nothin' But the Tail Lights" to "I Run" and more.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Sabotage - Beastie Boys
    Harder Better Faster Stronger -Daft Punk
    Stomp to My Beat -JS16
    Timestretch - Bass Nectar
  • Charlene_1985
    Charlene_1985 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I forgot about Lose Yourself!! I'll add that one tonight.