26 year old in DIRE need of change

Options
I'm 26 and a full time student and full time employee at a car dealership. After overcoming heroin addiction and being diagnosed with fibromyalgia and bipolar disorder, my weight skyrocketed 58 more pounds above my already 60 pounds overweight status. I am looking to lose 100 pounds by next Christmas, and eventually get down to 140 from my present 260.

I need to improve my health because currently I'm at great risk for type 2 diabetes, and am also doing serious damage to my knees which already suffer from osteoarthritis.

I could really use some accountabilibuddies if anyone is interested. Diet is the hardest for me and the only thing I can really do right now with my present health issues.

Replies

• wanpingthegreat
    wanpingthegreat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hit me up! I'm looking for accountabilibuddy too :)
  • Liz_1713
    Liz_1713 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too!!
  • jaymau33
    jaymau33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I here for u if u need it i gotchu
  • icepinklemonade
    icepinklemonade Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm gonna start properly as of the 26th. Aiming to loose around 30-40 pounds and need help to keep me on track - happy to do the same for others! x
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    You can do it if you set your mind to it! I found it be a huge to help to make yourself goals, short and long term and don't allow yourself any excuses for not reaching them. Exercise / activity is key to so much, it's huge for both your mental and physical health. With exercise, start slow, particularly if your knees are bothering you and work your way up (swimming is a great non stress workout)! Don't make extreme changes, it's hard to stick to them, make slow deliberate changes and build on them. Celebrate every accomplishment as you go and when you make your goals!
    Definitely find some good friends to help keep you accountable but remember that htis journey is yours and it is important to find your motivators, things you can draw on when the going gets tough and no one is there to help.
    I went from an over weight out of shape smoker to someone who lost 90lbs, is now fit and runs road races, trail races and mountain races regularly. Stick with it! It is so worth it!
  • andrelittle2323
    andrelittle2323 Posts: 32 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Keep a weekly or even daily picture diary with small goals. You will see progress, it takes time, dont expect any overnight miracles. The best part in my opinion is the work involved. I was on meth for 3 years, got off, started an alcohol addiction and now I'm off that too. It's achievable to reach your dreams and goals. If you beat a heroin addiction then you can SERIOUSLY accomplish anything.
  • tessadiane92
    tessadiane92 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I need accountabilibuddies too! Feel free to add me (: my weight loss goal is to get down to 200 lbs from my current 325!
  • TawnyHorton
    TawnyHorton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hear ya girl! Same situation with the knees and such. Its definitely gotta happen! Lets do this!!! Im starting a youtube channel to hold myself accountable!
  • Braddlzz
    Braddlzz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you want to chat feel free to hit me up, I battled an ice addiction for a long time aswell as alcohol abuse and other issues, can happily say I'm 11 months completely clean and getting my life on track

Sometimes it's just good to bounce off someone so here if you want to talk
  • smileyface2361
    smileyface2361 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI,
    I want you to know how inspiring your post was for me. It encouraged me to get honest with myself and others. The obstacles you have overcome are astounding! Congratulations! As for the knee post, I am a 50 y/o woman 110 lbs overweight. It is good you are concerned about your knees at this age, I wish I had been. I just had knee surgery to correct torn/worn cartilage, meniscus and osteoarthritis spurs removed. Most of my knee problem was due to my excessive weight gain. I don't want to do that again. You are an inspiration for me, keep it up. <3 Thank You!!
  • kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You got this! I am currently maintaining at 140. Feel free to add me!
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Hell yes you can do this be strong consistency will be your new goal!! One day at a time but everyday for the next 365