medifast or ideal protein dinner ideas?

1sassychassy
1sassychassy Posts: 2
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
I have to say I'm digging this site! What a great resource to help lose the weight. I just started on the Medifast Diet and my girlfriend is doing Ideal Protein. While you eat the product food they offer, dinner is on your own. Anyone familiar with either of these diets and have a favorite dinner recipe they would like to share?

Replies

• kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    i just started medifast, and so far for dinner ive been making big salads, with spinach and other dark greens, some cucumber, zucchini, and balsamic . for the protein i have been making fish (my bf likes to fish and i have a lot of frozen fillets in my freezer) if im in a rush a just throw some seasoning on a chicken breast and put it on my george foreman grille. after eating the little medifast meals, that dinner seems huge and yummy!
  • kwiet26
    kwiet26 Posts: 2
    I also do MF right now. Been doing it for awhile, My dinner last night was green salad and some taco seasoned elk meat. My all time favorite is grilled boneless skinless chicken with steamed brocoli. Also love the quiche. Here are some more that I have collected from various people.

Bread
    Preheat over to 375 and pam spray a baking sheet

Mix 1 Pkg scrambled eggs with one pkg of cream soup, chicken, broccoli or tomato.
    1/2 t. baking powder
    1/4 t. onion powder
    1/4 t. garlic powder
    1 T. ground flax meal
    5 T. water
    (when using tomato soup, I add 1/2 t. basil, optional)

Mix all ingredients together and divide into two rounds on the baking sheet. Use damp fingers to even out the tops. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn oven to low broil and brown the top. Watch VERY CAREFULLY to make sure it doesn't burn, 5 minutes or so. Cool on wire rack.

COB Chips
    Toria70
    Here's a very simple recipe for the COB soup that doesn't add in any "extras"~no worries about condiments or counting!

1 pkt COB soup
    2-4 TBSP water (I use less because I like a fluffy, crunchy bread)

Mix together until you get a thick batter. Spoon (mine kind of looks like a biscuit) onto nonstick parchment paper (or a plate sprayed liberally with Pam) and microwave for 1 minute. You can keep cooking in 20 second increments until it's done to your liking-less for chewier and more for crunchier. Careful, it burns rather quickly so check it often.

Enjoy!

Bread
    Preheat over to 375 and pam spray a baking sheet

Mix 1 Pkg scrambled eggs with one pkg of cream soup, chicken, broccoli or tomato.
    1/2 t. baking powder
    1/4 t. onion powder
    1/4 t. garlic powder
    1 T. ground flax meal
    5 T. water
    (when using tomato soup, I add 1/2 t. basil, optional)

Mix all ingredients together and divide into two rounds on the baking sheet. Use damp fingers to even out the tops. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn oven to low broil and brown the top. Watch VERY CAREFULLY to make sure it doesn't burn, 5 minutes or so. Cool on wire rack. I split them in half with a serrated edge knife and spread with one triangle of Low Fat Laughing Cow Cheese but you could use other things on them. You could use them as a bun for left over lean. Very versatile and very good!

Pizza
    Use it or the tomato soup to make pizza crust. I use one package of the COB 1/2 tsp of non aluminum baking powder then just add a bit of water at a time making a paste. With wet fingers pat it down on a baking sheet (if you use the dark non stick it makes a crunchy crust) sprayed bake at 350 until edges turn brown turn bake a little longer until brown and done looking. Add 2 TB salsa, I add 1 Morning Star sausage pattie (veggie sausage) and 1/4 c. of FF cheese. The sausage and cheese count as 1/3 lean as per nutritional support.

Cream of broccoli bread
    1 packet of cream soup (people use oatmeal too), 1/4 tsp baking powder, 3 or 4 tbsp egg beaters (i've seen people use both), and spices/herbs. Mix together and microwave for 90-120 sec (depending on microwave). Let cool, slice in half (like english muffin), and toast... becareful not too long. Wonderful!!! Be sure to deduct appropriate egg, spices, toppings off of your meal plan.

Cream of **** Chips
    1 pkt Cream Soup
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    3-4 tablespoons water

Mix together it should be thin. Then spread on a microwave safe plate sprayed with PAM. I use those lovely silicone baking sheets. Microwave around 4 minutes until the edges are a little brown. You can also add some seasnoning to it, or powdered ranch dressing.

Bread
    1 pkt Cream soup
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    2-3 Tbs water

Mix together and then spread on a microwave safe plate sprayed with PAM. It will be somewhat thick. I mostly just dalop it in the middle and spread it out a bit about 2-3 inched in diameter, it will spread more while it cooks. Cook on high for aroud 2 minutes.

You can make a wonderful sandwich by then placing it in a pan sprayed with I Cant believe it's not butter and add some Laughing Cow cheese, a little mustard & turkey. Heat it up a little and fold over and cut in half. Tastes like a grilled cheese sandwich.

I also use the COT soup and some LF cheddar cheese to make something that tastes like grilled cheese w/ tomato soup. (Add a little oregano in the soup mixture.)

Chips
    1 pkg creamy soup
    seasoning of your choice
    3 tablespoons water

Mix together. Pour into a glass pie plate sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place in microwave for 3 min on high. Check and sprinkle w/ sea salt is desired. Cook another 2-3 min on high. They should be dry and almost look like they are starting to burn. Cook some more if needed. (I ended up cooking nearly 7 min in my 10 year old microwave) Let cool and cut into bite size pieces.

I made COT w/ taco seasoning, COC w/ cavenders, COB w/ ranch. Sampled each one and then put them away. They were great!! (COC was my fav!) Just play around with the spices and have fun. Portable and easy.

Chips
    1 pkg. cream soup
    1 egg white
    3 T. water
    1/2 t. baking powder
    Blend and cook on med heat in a non-stick small fry pan that has been sprayed with pam. When cooked, remove to a plate and spread the top with a wedge of laughing cow cheese and top with 2 T salsa. Fast, easy and Ooooooo, it's so good!!!!!!!!!

Sage Stuffing (This is RG's Recipe)

1 package cream of chicken soup ( I tried it with Cr. Of Broccoli. There isn’t a lot of difference taste-wise, just watch it in the oven because it seems to cook faster than using the Cr. Of Chicken bread!)
    ½ tsp baking powder
    3-4 tblspns of water
    1 tblspn onion
    1 celery stalk
    1 tspn ground sage
    1 tsp ICBINB spray

Make “bread”
    Combine MF soup, ½ tps baking powder & 3-4 tblpsn of water. Plop on a glass plate in the microwave for 2 minutes. (it is ok if it is dry… you want it to be for stuffing!) Microwave time varies!
    While “bread” is cooking, dice celery and onion (or be lazy like me & buy pre-diced onion.. No crying necessary!)

In a bowl combine the rest of the ingredients. Break off the “bread” into small pieces & add to the bowl.
    Stir well.
    Put in a glass baking dish (I used the same one I use for my shake cakes).

Cover with tinfoil and Bake @ 350 for 20 minutes or until moist! (you CAN stuff this into a turkey if you have room for optimal flavor but will probably add more fat from turkey juice but will make a moister stuffing!)

**side note**

The first time I made this I did NOT use celery, I used 3 tblspns of raw shredded cauliflower (shredded in MB). It was moister due to the water in cauliflower when you shred it but the texture was a little different, more like stovetop stuffing! It is a personal preference!

MF DILLY BISCUITS
    momtolissa

2 MF Cream Of Chicken pkts
    2 MF Eggs pkts (or 2 egg whites-deducted from lean)
    2T ground flax seed
    10 T water
    1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp dried dill weed
    couple grinds of fresh ground black pepper
    Preheat oven to 375 F. Put in sprayed muffin tin-regular size not mini. Bake 15 mins until just brown and spring back when pressed.

2 biscuits=1 MF meal (3 biscuits=1 MF meal if using egg whites)
    Total yield 8 muffins/4 MF meals (Total yield 6 muffins/2 MF meals + part of lean if using egg whites)

Hope ya'll love them as much as I did.
    I did not use the MF eggs. I used the egg whites. VERY FILLING MEAL BTW!
    I wanna try this with Cr of Broccoli next.

These are awesome if you form on reynolds release like a Hamburger Bun or flatbread then use half your lean and some lettuce for a sandwich!

CHIPS:
    1 pkg Medifast Cream Soup
    3 Tablespoons water

Mix soup and water in a bowl.
    Spray glass pie plate with Pam.
    Spread mixture into pie plate (it will be very thin)
    microwave 3 minutes.
    turn over using spatula
    Microwave 1 minute more
    cool
    break into pieces
    Store in ziplocs for convenient meal to go.

Soup flatbread:
    1 pkt of Cream of Tomato
    a dash of garlic powder
    a pinch of baking powder
    1 to 2 tablespoons of water (enough to make a thick paste)

I mix it all together in a square gladware container and microwave for to 2 to 2.5 minutes. Sometimes I will put a tbsp of FF grated parmesan cheese (counts as a condiment) on top - helps my pizza cravings!

CHIPS
    Ingredients:
    1 pkg. cream soup, Chicken, Brocolli or Tomato
    Optional seasonings: chili powder, lowfat parmesan, Molly McCheese, dried chives, garlic powder, etc.

Directions:
    Mix the soup and seasonings in a cup with a tiny bit of water, adding it a few drops at a time until the powder holds together and can be made into a ball. Form it into one big ball or 6 -8 small ones. You can dip your fingers in water if it's too sticky to work with.

Spray two sheets of foil ( I use Reynolds nonstick foil) with olive oil Pam. Put the ball or balls on one sheet, place the other sheet on top (Pam side down) and roll or pat the balls flat and very thin. Carefully and slowly, peel back the top sheet of foil.

I like the one big ball version, which I then cut into triangles so they look like real chips.

Then bake the sheet at 350 until the edges start to turn brown. Flip the chips over and bake another minute or two until the edge turn a deeper golden but not too dark. Watch them carefully, you don't want to overcook. Then turn the over off and leave the chips inside as they cool. This is what makes them crunchy all the way through!

Tortillas
    dej353

Cream of Chicken soup mixed with 1 tablespoon of egg beaters, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, and 4 tablespoons of water. stir and pour 2 large tortilla size rounds onto a hot pam sprayed griddle. I let it brown a little on both sides, being careful when I turn them. Let them cool, then use as tortillas!

I made the COB chips and yummy! My batter looked very "clayish" if you will... I spread on parchment and like the recipe says Microwaved for a minute...

I added a little curry powder to the batter, to give it some pizazzz.
    It turned out so yummy! I tasted exactly (and I don't know why because it doesn't have chicken powder, but it tasted like chicken and biscuits crackers that Nabisco makes.
    I loved it and will try on the Cream of Tomato to see how it turns out!
    A recap on what I did:
    -1 packet of Cream of Brocolli
    -1/4 teaspoon of curry powder
    and just three tablespoons of water

I just added everything to my shaker jar and mixed with a spoon. I spread out very thin onto a parchment paper. I turned out the size of a large pancake.
    I microwaved for a minute and then 20 seconds. Voila! It turned out like a huge cracker which I broke up into pieces. Again, tasted just like the chicken and biscuit crackers.. Yummy! Now one of my favorite recipes.

Have made a couple of versions and this came out really good:
    4 Maple oatmeal
    4 banana shakes
    1 tbs baking powder
    2 tsp vanilla
    1 C water
    1/2 C egg beaters
    1/2 C DaVinci Caramel syrup
    some cinnamon

I mix all the dry ingredients together then add averything else.
    Bake in greased 8" square pan in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
    Let cool.

Makes 8 meals.

I know it's scary to try an unknown with so many packets of precious MF food, but I was tired of having to make stuff so often. You could always cut the recipe and try a sample with 1 oatmeal and 1 shake.

Have also tried this with Swiss Mocha shakes - yummy.

I hope you like it.
  • Thanks! Great ideas, and I can't wait to try those recipes!
  • batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    bump
This discussion has been closed.