I always go over on protein...

Scareah
Scareah Posts: 40 Member
edited September 29 in Food and Nutrition
I have been trying really hard and eating a lot of veggies daily. Today, for lunch, I had all vegetables except for an egg and some lunch meat. Somehow I always end up with too much protein. I feel like I am eating well, but somehow vegetables make my protein levels too high. Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Protein is good to go over on.. even more so if you are using weights with your exercise. Protein is food for you muscles!
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    That's a good thing that you are over....
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    MFP under estimates on protein especially if you do weight or strength training. I wouldn't worry about it. My trainer wants me to have protein at about 45% of my calories, carbs 40% and fat 15%. I haven't been able to get my protein up that high yet.
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    You should change you mfp settings for protein to atleast 30% mine is set to 50. Going over on protein is a good thing as long as you're not going over your bodyweight in grams of protein.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    everyone said it already....go over on protein when ever you can.....the numbers are low and you are not doing anything that will hurt!!!!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    I've been going over on protein occasionall too, and I'm a vegetarian!!!! So I'm glad to read all of the information provided above :)
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    That's good, don't worry about going over, in fact most people never get enough protein. I average at least 100 grams a day. MFP to me is actually way too low. If your working out a lot you need more protein to feed your muscles. I would just make sure your getting plenty of fiber too. You need both to help flush the toxins out of your body and build muscles. I make sure my ratio is 30% protein 30% fat and 40% carbs for your goals in MFP...this is a good balance.
  • That's the only thing I try to go over on every day.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    I have mine set at 105 but usually eat 75-100.
  • MFP's dietary recommendations leave a lot to be desired. I've changed my goals for almost everything, including protein. My goal is 100g of protein a day. Protein isn't bad for you........
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Umm - vegetables don't really have much protein, so it's not them that's raising your protein levels. That being said, it's better to be over than under what MFP gives you for protein levels.
  • Renay1961
    Renay1961 Posts: 3
    No you are not doing anything wrong, I also go over my proteins alot to, but sometimes a lot of protein can be good for you I have lost over 50 pounds, so going over the proteins doesn't hurt you, but you should try to eat as many fresh veggies as you can, and if you already haven't I would take a fat burner.. hope this helps..
This discussion has been closed.