Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred calories?

Options
Hi MFP,

Does anyone know how many calories are burned on each level of the Jillian Micheals 30-Day Shred DVD?

Thank You!

Replies

• RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I log it in as circuit training and that should tell you
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I burn around 200 per workout...
  • tiggerfan
    tiggerfan Posts: 71
    Options
    hi there, I'm on day 7 of Level 1, and I am losing 160 cals each time
    but it depends on how much u weigh, and if u're doing the higher or lower level
  • dandyforman
    Options
    hey there :)

the best advice i can give you is to get a heart rate monitor and measure your heart rate, then calculate how many calories you've burned that way.

if you want something a little more simpler, i just consider it 20 mins of high impact aerobics.

hope this helps!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Everyone burns calories different. It depends on your weight and how intense you are actually doing the work outs. Buy a heart rate monitor if you can.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering this exact same topic and have no idea how to calculate it. If anyone can shed light on this, it would be a lifesaver!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I've been told to log it as circuit training.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" 170#. Using polar FT60 heart rate monitor w/ chest strap.

On level 1, my average heart rate was 140 and my heart rate monitor gave me an average burn over the 10 days of around 250 calories

On level 2, my average heart rate (so far) is around 150 andy my monitor gave me an average burn of 280 calories

I know it is based on which exercises you do and how well/intensity/etc. I do most of the exercises (probably about 90%), girly knee push ups, level 2 have to modify out some of the knee impact items due to my knee getting painful from the high impact items.

Hope this helps
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Each time i do the shred I get a different reading with my HRM......depends how hard i push myself.....I used to log it as circuit training..but according to my HRM that was too low some days and too high other days...good luck
  • Jasperocks
    Jasperocks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm taking your advice and listing it as circuit training. I think that represents it the best. I'm doing Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown and the level 2 is a killer! Great workout.
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I also log is as circuit training-20 minutes and hope it is pretty close. I don't have a HRM and don't have plans to invest in one at this time.
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training...
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options

the best advice i can give you is to get a heart rate monitor and measure your heart rate, then calculate how many calories you've burned that way.

if you want something a little more simpler, i just consider it 20 mins of high impact aerobics.

hope this helps!

I counted mine as high impact aerobics.. i do circuit training at Planet Fitness and it's nowhere near as intense as 30DS is.. :)
  • dandyforman
    Options

hope this helps!

I counted mine as high impact aerobics.. i do circuit training at Planet Fitness and it's nowhere near as intense as 30DS is.. :)

I'm glad i'm not the only one!
    agreed. i do step aerobics in the mornings, and that's close to circut training, but 30DS is much more intense than that. XD
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL!:smile:
  • TWallace75
    Options
    I had read that most people burn around 180-210 calories per workout, so I logged mine at 200. I used to do an elliptical for 20 minutes and according to the machine I usually burned around 350-360 in 20 minutes, so I was disappointed to hear that 30 day shred only burns around 200. Today I got my HRM (Polar FT7) and according to that, I burned 394 calories doing level 2 of 30 day shred.
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey i asked exactly the same question not so long ago, and the best advice i was given was to go onto her website as it says it on there!!!
    hope this helps :bigsmile:
  • Prestonsmumma
    Prestonsmumma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    for a 140lb person:-

Level1=148
    Level2=169
    Level3=159

The person i got this from told me they got it from jillians website as it depends on what u weigh!!! and also dont know why u burn less cals on level 3!! lol hope this helps u!! :bigsmile: