Losing baby weight but my baby is 3!

Options
I am looking for moms or busy women in similar circumstances. I managed to lose all the baby weight when my daughter was 1 but because of stressful life events I put it all back on. Am aiming to workout 5x a week and eat lower carb because I have PCOS.

Replies

• bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 small kids (ages 1 and 3). I work full time plus more. I am busy and starting my fit journey over again after hitting rock bottom. If you want to talk, feel free to message me anytime! Friend request sent
  • Mayasmama5410
    Mayasmama5410 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I could have wrote your post! I am also a Mom of 3 with pcos. My twins just turned 3 in October. I managed to lose all of the pregnancy weight almost immediately but after battling hyperemesis, I was so happy to be able to eat again and that is just what I did. After a stressful day it was wine and chocolate or ice cream or some other treat, I am an emotional eater.
    Currently I am the heaviest I have even been aside from pregnancy. I got up to 185, I am on day 16 and I am now 179. My goal is 145/150.
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Athena0303 wrote: »
    I am looking for moms or busy women in similar circumstances. I managed to lose all the baby weight when my daughter was 1 but because of stressful life events I put it all back on. Am aiming to workout 5x a week and eat lower carb because I have PCOS.

I am still losing baby weight and they are almost 20 and 18 lol ! Ok it's not baby weight but I like using that excuse rather than the fact that it was my fault - hang in there
  • mimitvass
    mimitvass Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add me I have a 3 year old and a 5 month old I never lost the first round of baby weight so here I am with at least 30 to lose
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I didn't lose my baby weight until my kids were nearly in middle school... You've got this! And way to go for nipping it in the bud earlier than I did. LOL! :flowerforyou:
  • MamaEdmund
    MamaEdmund Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have five kids...oldest is 9 and all 52 pounds I gained with him just fell off by the time he was six months old. Not so for my other kids. Just got down to my pre-pregnancy weight from my fifth (seven months old now), but still about forty pounds to go. It's about me making choices to go for a walk instead of drive, and not to just eat and eat because I'm so tired from nine years of interrupted sleep. We have a lot of snow here, and fortunately I said to myself yesterday morning, "You know what? I'm not getting out the door for a walk today, let me do some pilates/Jillian Michaels dvd so I don't feel crummy all day." That was a first--I'm very far from having a lid on this thing. Baby steps. We'll get there together.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I lost my "baby weight" when my baby was, 3, also. I lost the weight, about 10 extra lbs, in her first year by walking every day with her in the stroller. Then we moved to a less walkable area (no sidewalks!) and I gained it back and then some. After I saw a photo of me at my daughter's 3rd birthday party I got serious. Joined a gym, counted calories & started lifting weights. I did StrongLifts 5x5. I loved it so much that I bought lifting equipment from Craigslist & set up my own workout room at home. Lost the fat, got fit and I'm still lifting regularly 2 yrs later.