Vegetarian meal prep ideas - Help!

Options
Hi guys :)
So I'm on break from college and being at home is hard because a lot of Indian food is a lot of carbs minus the veggies. So I wanted to make my own meals

Does anyone have good filling vegetarian ideas I can prep? Lunch and dinner please!

Breakfast I usually do oatmeal or eggs.
Thanks!!

Priya

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Beans or lentils with rice and vegetables. You can pretty much keep creating endless variations on a base of rice + legumes. You could also batch-cook baked potatoes and add veggies and either eggs, beans or tofu to make loaded baked potatoes.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian diets tend to be pretty high carbohydrate no?

I eat vegetarian quite a bit...my main courses are pretty carb heavy...lots of lentils, beans, potatoes, oats, etc...
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Look up the 'cheap lazy vegan' on youtube she has a lot of easy meal prep recipes.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of soups and stews (vegetarian and non) in large quantities, which I then freeze in individual servings for later. It's great knowing I have healthy soups waiting for me in the freezer on days when I just don't feel like cooking.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,678 Member
    Options
    I freeze a lot of fairly plain cooked bean soups, then doctor them up with different veggies, grains, spices, etc., at thaw'n'eat time.

Besides rice, consider other grains, especially the more protein-rich ones. Some candidates are quinoa, farro, buckwheat, spelt, triticale, . . . .

Seeds and nuts can be good additions, in reasonable portions, because you need some healthy fats in there somewhere anyway. Peanuts, tree nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashews, etc.), sunflower seeds, pepitas, as well as things like hemp seed, chia, flax seed, etc.

Nutritional yeast is a good addition for a cheesy flavor without dairy (pretty tasty even if you do include dairy).

If you're not avoiding gluten, seitan is an option. There are soy products like tempeh, tofu, miso, etc.
  • pdadhich721
    pdadhich721 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much!!
  • saishyamk
    saishyamk Posts: 41 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I like making Veg Fried Rice with Cauliflower Rice. Tasty, low carb, high in fiber and low cal. Takes like 20 minutes, but tastes amazing. Add Indian spices like Corriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Turmeric, pinch of Garam Masala, pinch of pepper and add ghee at the end. Yumm!!!

dh2kbbxm892x.jpeg
    xn361lnpd09l.jpeg

Looks like this when done!
    h819ks5agafk.jpeg