Wanting to lose 77 lbs by next December

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer. My family and I are leaving next December to visit family in another country. I would love to lose 77 lbs minimum.
I would love to have some friends on here to keep me motivated with your own weightloss stories!!

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    That's exactly the amount of weight I want to lose as well, but I doubt very much I can lose than much in just one year as I am old and have yo-yo dieted for the past 30 years and have only been able to lose about 30 pounds in any given weight loss effort. Once down that much I haven't been able to break through to the next lower level and start to slowly regain some of the lost weight. So, my goal for the next year is to break that plataue of not being able to get below 30 pounds lost. I want to lose 40. But I have a suspicion if I can break that, then I will be able to go to 50,60, 70 and beyond. ... I don't allow friends on MFP ... but I participate in weight loss challenges and love the comraderie from the other participants.
    Good Luck.
  • Kristi_Kay
    Kristi_Kay Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I am looking to lose approximately the same by next October.. I am in a wedding.. and then in February 2018 going to Mexico. So some additional support and motivation would be great to help each other out with! :) Add me if you're interested!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 73, so we are all in this together!! I want to try to lose it by the end of August, but i'll take what I can get! :) Awesome job for starting and you so got this!! Feel free to add me!
  • charis458
    charis458 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am looking to lose the same in a similar time period. And am really looking for friends that will comment and support. Would also be interested in a daily accountability partner! So if you like please add me!
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    to be honest.
    i worked my *kitten* of this summer. rode 2 or 3 hours of mountain bike every day. dropped my calories to 1300 and had a calorie deficit every day.

i lose 38lbs in 6 months.

it can be done. but be prepared to work for it