HELP! Calories too low...

Options
I'm only at 750 for the day and that's not including my 1.5 hours at the gym! : (

This is exactly what I wanted to stay away from. I mean, it's cool that I'm not hungry... but my intake isn't healthy. My disordered side says 'stop there, good enough -- extra weight loss!' My recovering side says 'force yourself to eat something!'

Obviously I need to fill myself up with better, bigger, healthier calories during the day... but right this second, 9:30pm, I can't figure out how to fix this and get my calories where they need to be for today... I'm honestly having trouble convincing myself to eat.

Replies

• colbiegirl
    colbiegirl Posts: 138
    Options
    I have the same problem! Just try to get something light! Yogurt, spoonful of peanut butter, nuts, cheese and crackers, something with nutrients! It's rough, but it has to be done!
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I can seem to force myself to eat more than I am eating now.
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    Options
    On days when I'm not near my calorie goal, and I'm not hungry, I drink a serving (or 2) of skim milk. I'm not sure if you're following a particular diet, but if milk's allowed, that could add a little without forcing yourself to eat.
  • MaeKhaleesi
    MaeKhaleesi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I can't seem to force myself to eat enough to meet my calorie limit. I've been told to snack on high calorie healthy foods like nuts, but I'm just not hungry. :/
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a piece of peanut butter toast on whole wheat bread? A handful of nuts? If you absolutely can't force anything down a glass of fruit juice or milk.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Aim for things that are higher in calories to help out - like almonds. They are higher in calories and are good for you.

A protein shake is good too - especially if you worked out today.

You have to eat. Eating is the key to losing weight. Fuel the machine and it'll repay you by losing weight and being healthier.
  • xxojessica
    xxojessica Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm sooo sooo glad I'm not alone. Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately, I only have almond milk... but I do have peanut butter!

I will have to go shopping and stock up on the good stuff... that way, I can try to avoid this problem.
  • kassandra1717
    kassandra1717 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem but the more I get into weight training ( working out is something you do for fun weight training is something your committed to) and start seeing results the more I started to care about my muscle and gaining more of it instead of losing weight necessarily. I eat 1400 to 1600 cals a day and I'm losing weight. I'm doing it very low carb but still it's working. My body looks way nicer at 126 now than it did when I was 118lbs. Something to consider, it may help you clear out your disordered way of thinking. It's done wonders to me.
  • etroupe
    etroupe Posts: 54
    Options
    Do you have any protein powder or drinks on hand. they help to meet your calorie intake as well. That it what I do if im not going to meet my calorie goal. Dont beat your self up if you don't make it tonight, just try to do better tomorrow :)
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Aren't you hungry? I don't need a frridge as I eat from cupboards, mostly carbs but can't seem to stop. At least you know better and are trying...good luck
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Add avocado to foods, one is 210 cals approx so it adds cals and nutients.
  • xxojessica
    Options
    etroupe -- I do have protein powder. I had a 350 calorie shake for dinner. I should have eaten something with it... I just... didn't want to. :S

Kassandra -- Yer absolutely right. I'm going to take down my weight-loss goals. Another step in the right direction! : )
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    try almonds..it wont add a whole lot, but 1/4 cup is around 160 cals..or bananas, about 100 cals..good luck
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo sooo glad I'm not alone. Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately, I only have almond milk... but I do have peanut butter!

I will have to go shopping and stock up on the good stuff... that way, I can try to avoid this problem.

Good girl =D.

I often will eat an apple, sliced cut into 1/8ths, slathered with 4tbsp of Jif Natural peanut butter, when I need calories. The taste is INCREDIBLE lol...and it's 500calories with good protien =D.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options

Almond milk is fantastic! I have the regular unsweetened and the chocolate! Now, on to serious matters. If you are already recovering/battling an eating disorder, trying to force yourself to eat if you're truly not hungry could only make your attitude towards food even more difficult. After helping my daughter (just encouraging and supporting) while she was fighting anorexia and bulimia I noticed the more people tried to force eating the worse she got. The best advise they gave her was to plan out her entire day in advance. The OCD in her just couldn't let her NOT eat it if it was already on the written plan!!
  • aubarnold
    aubarnold Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If I am under I eat an apple and some peanut butter :)
  • SuzyB5791
    SuzyB5791 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have the same issue. I don't have anything new to add but it looks like you've gotten some good advice and a lot of good suggestions. I am going to try some of them too.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    If I am under I eat an apple and some peanut butter :)

I like this girl =D.
  • xxojessica
    Options
    After helping my daughter (just encouraging and supporting) while she was fighting anorexia and bulimia I noticed the more people tried to force eating the worse she got. The best advise they gave her was to plan out her entire day in advance. The OCD in her just couldn't let her NOT eat it if it was already on the written plan!!

That makes complete sense to me! What a great idea!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I have this problem sometimes too...most nights i go to bed with around 600 calories left for the day...im just not hungry