Stretchies :/

Options
I have a lot of faded stretchmarks but they bother me SO MUCH. I have them on my stomach, my hips, thighs and breasts and they make me feel like my body is ruined. My figure is nice, but these little marks kinda null that fact?

Also there's a guy I'm interested in and I'm afraid if we get to the point of getting nakey, he'll be turned off by them...idk it's frustrating and makes me nervous.

Are they an issue to other people? Am I doomed to the single life forever? Do you embrace yours? Shoot some encouragement in here!

Replies

• dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    If a guy is lucky enough to get naked with you he is not going to care about stretch marks. The only one thinking about will be you, just enjoy the moment.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Lots of people have stretch marks. Even people who have never been overweight. It's common to get them during growth spurts as teens. Most of my girl friends have stretch marks from pregnancy. I've even see guys get them when they start lifting weights. Stretch marks are very common. Trust me, if he sees you unclothed the stretch marks will be the last thing he's checking out.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Lots of people have stretch marks. Even people who have never been overweight. It's common to get them during growth spurts as teens. Most of my girl friends have stretch marks from pregnancy. I've even see guys get them when they start lifting weights. Stretch marks are very common. Trust me, if he sees you unclothed the stretch marks will be the last thing he's checking out.

This. And if it turns out that your stretch marks bother him, then he's probably to superficial to date anyway. Every guy I know (including me) doesn't give AF about stretch marks. Some even find them to be super sexy.
  • TreyTnt9
    TreyTnt9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just tell him you forgot to pay your light bill and make love in the dark.
  • andrelittle2323
    andrelittle2323 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    They never really fully go away. I still got mine too. Keep very hydrated and put coconut oil then.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Oh girl...those are stripes. We've earned them. Your confidence will over power them. As long as you're not all ashy. You're good.

It's funny, people don't notice until we point them out. Also they tell a story.

Own them. Love them. Be proud.