looking at what i ate today! yikes....

Options
Really would like to get back in shape -- gained 40 lbs over the last 6 years, so now i'm 40 and it's a lot harder than it was to lose weight when i was 25. have always been a bit. heavy. the last few days were ok, but today was a bad day with chips and sweet condensed milk for my tea!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I think that is why logging your food is so effective - you can see right away (or beforehand if you plan your meals) where your calories are coming from and can make smart choices.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    oh, don't worry. I ate 1153 calories for lunch today. Tomorrow is a new day :)
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I find it helps to look up what I'm considering eating before I eat it - this way, I'm making an informed decision about what I'm doing.

Of course, that was the good angel speaking. This week on my business trip...I barely...BARELY ate within my calories. There were a few days when I ate my limit and my exercise calories and THEN went over.

Back to the drawing board :) We'll make better choices tomorrow!
  • Blahrina
    Blahrina Posts: 10
    Options
    thanks so much for your encouragement! i really need to hear it since today i did even worse than yesterday. tomorrow i am going to the gym (i haven't gone in 2 days) and plan better!