Turning my dream into my reality

Options
QueenBeeMacias
QueenBeeMacias Posts: 5 Member
edited December 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Like most others, I have struggled with my weight since I was little. I joined sports in school, worked out weekly, tried multiple weight loss regiments, etc. At just 5 feet tall, I reached my heaviest weight this year of 180 lbs and knew it was time to get serious. I made changes to my diet, add variety to my workouts to avoid a plateau, and get plenty of sleep. I now weight 164 lbs and plan to make it to 120 lbs by May 2017. Add me if your journey sounds similar to mine or if you need help staying motivated to reach your goal!

Replies

• Ayalaandrew8899
    Ayalaandrew8899 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Keep it up girl. I am 5'4 and was at my heaviest at 170 before army basic training. Since then I've watched my diet and worked out lightly and managed to drop down to 130. I gained a little muscle and some unwanted weight back and ended up at 145 but am dedicated to reaching my goal of 130 again. Currently at 142. Just keep your head up and when you feel like not working out or not into it that's when you find it in yourself to go! You'll be glad you did.
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the amazing progress!! I do the same with my workouts and i am aiming to loose at least 70-80lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • quirozj1976
    quirozj1976 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That is a very reachable goal, feel free to add me! Would love to be part of the motivational team
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    45lbs in 5 months is pretty aggressive. That's 9lbs a month or 4.5lbs a week. So that means you need a deficit of 15,750 a week or 2250 a day.
    So with a BMR of 1537 then add in 363 for everyday movement (not including exercise), you'd have to have a TDEE of 4150 to meet it. Just wondering how you're going to burn an extra 2250 calories a day?
    Not trying to be discouraging, just letting you know the actual effort you're going to need to do to do this. A safe and sustainable goal would be to lose 1% of your body weight a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want to. I'm also five feet tall. My highest weight was 148.7lbs in September 2014 and I got to 116 a few months ago and I'm sitting around 120 now with the holidays and everything.

Best wishes.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    45lbs in 5 months is pretty aggressive. That's 9lbs a month or 4.5lbs a week. So that means you need a deficit of 15,750 a week or 2250 a day.
    So with a BMR of 1537 then add in 363 for everyday movement (not including exercise), you'd have to have a TDEE of 4150 to meet it. Just wondering how you're going to burn an extra 2250 calories a day?
    Not trying to be discouraging, just letting you know the actual effort you're going to need to do to do this. A safe and sustainable goal would be to lose 1% of your body weight a week.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

If she loses at 9 lbs a month, then that wouldn't be 4.5 lbs a week since there are 4 weeks in a month. It's about 2 pounds a week or a little over that.

To the OP, yes, you can do it. I'm over 50 and lost 36 pounds in 5 months without knocking myself out about it. You are younger so you should lose at a faster rate. I have not starved myself and all I do for exercise is walk once or twice a day. Go for it.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    PennWalker wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

If she loses at 9 lbs a month, then that wouldn't be 4.5 lbs a week since there are 4 weeks in a month. It's about 2 pounds a week or a little over that.

To the OP, yes, you can do it. I'm over 50 and lost 36 pounds in 5 months without knocking myself out about it. You are younger so you should lose at a faster rate. I have not starved myself and all I do for exercise is walk once or twice a day. Go for it.

Lol, I need caffeine this morning. :D My numbers were off so let me fix them.

So her deficit per week would be 7850 or a needed burn of 1125 putting her TDEE at 3025. That's still a lot of calories to burn a day for someone this petite. Even if she could burn 500 calories exercising for 1 hour, that's over 2 hours of exercise a day.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    PennWalker wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Lol, I need caffeine this morning. :D My numbers were off so let me fix them.

So her deficit per week would be 7850 or a needed burn of 1125 putting her TDEE at 3025. That's still a lot of calories to burn a day for someone this petite. Even if she could burn 500 calories exercising for 1 hour, that's over 2 hours of exercise a day.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

LOl, Merry Christmas, ninerbuff. I thought I recognized a lack of coffee.

She can do it or come close. I say go for it.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress! That's really great! Keep it up!