I Did A Fricken Chin Up!

Options
Yup, just one LOL

When I first started this journey I weighed over 300 lbs and knew going in that they would be tough, and needless to say, there was no way I could do even a single one.

That was over 2 years ago, a lot has changed for me since then.

The other day I was in my workout area and noticed my old chin up bar that I totally forgot about, and thought, what the heck, I'll try one.

I was able to do one, so now it's hanging in my doorway, ready for me to work that into my routine ;)

I'm in pretty decent shape now, or so I thought, but fricken chin ups have to be the hardest thing ever.

Are they easy for you?

How long before I'm able to pop off 10-20 if I stick with it now?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    that's GREAT. I can't even imagine being able to do even ONE hahaha. It's a daunting task!! kudos to you!!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Hey! Good for you! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I hope someday I can also do a friggin chin up too!
  • luigi427
    luigi427 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love this website because of posts like yours! It is amazing what people take for granted sometimes (You know being able to do stuff that comes naturally to them). But you have worked your buns off and achieved your first chin up! Congrats! Keep it up man!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Not an easy task at all!! That's great!!!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    .Are they easy for you?

I won't even try for another 50 lbs or so.

Conratulations! You have done a great job!
  • kassandra1717
    kassandra1717 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome...... Thats one of my fitness goals for the end of the month.. One chinup, one dip, and 20 man pushups.. All unassisted and using my body weight.