Worst Workout Injury since joining MFP

Options
cynthiaclark1000
cynthiaclark1000 Posts: 77 Member
Mine was on July 4th, biking around a corner and hydroplaned on some mud.... Scratched up my arm, road rash on my leg and a massive 6 inch bruise on my ankle that require an aircast, painkillers and anti inflamatory, didnt go to the doctors for 2 days and my ankle was one huge cankle... still isn't better, but at least i have an ankle now :wink:

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Sounds painful. I don't have a worst injury, really. I'm always getting hurt somehow. I bruised my knee falling while running, got shin splints, hurt my shoulder doing reverse flies in plank, and got rug burn on my elbows from doing elbow planks. Nothing too serious so far.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    LOVE THE PICTURE. SUGAR FREE REDBULLLLL <333

but this is not an injury, but I was so sore from body rock tv that I could not walk for a week and a half =P
  • cynthiaclark1000
    Options
    LOVE THE PICTURE. SUGAR FREE REDBULLLLL <333

but this is not an injury, but I was so sore from body rock tv that I could not walk for a week and a half =P

That would be awful!! i don't know what I would do if I couldn't walk for over a week!!

:heart: me some sugar free red bull! :happy:
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    Options
    Bike riding with my 6 year old. My front tire got stuck in a rut while I was trying to get up onto the sidewalk, and I almost flipped right into a telephone pole. No bodily harm done, but my ego has been bruised for days, especially since he keeps telling everyone on Earth that it happened. :glasses:
  • cynthiaclark1000
    Options
    Bike riding with my 6 year old. My front tire got stuck in a rut while I was trying to get up onto the sidewalk, and I almost flipped right into a telephone pole. No bodily harm done, but my ego has been bruised for days, especially since he keeps telling everyone on Earth that it happened. :glasses:

Haha!!! I take my 5 year old with me, but I just pull her because she can play her Nintendo and I can get a work out! Kids are tough to ride with and seem to tell everyone everything :laugh:
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Not sure exactly what I did but I'm pretty sure I hurt my knee. Resting it lots this weekend and bought a knee brace to give it some rest while walking around and such.
  • Caite_S
    Caite_S Posts: 42
    Options
    I was running down a hill at night a couple of months ago and I hit a bump in the side walk. I went flying into the concrete, bruised and scraped my knee and had a three inch scrape across my cheek along with a nice swollen right side of my face. The worst part was that my boyfriend was having a "new guy party" (he's a fireman and it's a tradition that all the new firefighters throw a party when they get hired on) the next day. He had to show me off to all the guys he works with and their wives and girlfriends and I had to explain the scrape on my face. This was three months ago and I still have a scar on my face and my cheek still hurts at times. Let's just say I won't be running at night anymore! :)
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Mine was on July 4th, biking around a corner and hydroplaned on some mud.... Scratched up my arm, road rash on my leg and a massive 6 inch bruise on my ankle that require an aircast, painkillers and anti inflamatory, didnt go to the doctors for 2 days and my ankle was one huge cankle... still isn't better, but at least i have an ankle now :wink:

i so woulda tooken care of you!!

i dislocated my finger playing basketball.
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    how come everytime i post i kill the thread.. im gonna go kill myself.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    this is before mfp last year i did my workout then i got a mate and was doing stretching while lying down i fell a sleep and this was at the gym. then last winter i slipped on ice landing on my arm wrong and tore my rotater cuff so i could't work out for a month and half. it sucked
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Around this time last year I hurt my knee - I didn't work out again until late September.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I caught the running bug seriously last year and completely overdid it...the result? Achilles Tendonitis....I was in agony for about 4 weeks and couldn't walk properly for a long time afterwards. After going to A & E the swelling was so bad, they did an X ray to check that it wasn't broken. I couldn't run for 3 months as my doc told me I could completely rupture the tendon...and anyone who has seen the film HOSTEL will realise why I completely listened to him.

All sorted now and back into running!

I have learnt though with exercise and injuries, it is very important to take care of yourself...be patient and let the injury heel. :flowerforyou:
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I've been very careful, building up my surrounding knee muscles so I could handle the excercises so I haven't had any injuries that way.

Today, though, we were doing a yard overhaul for one disabled person and another house for an elderly couple who's yards had run away from them. We're talking full on trees growing through ladders, weeds up to the midsection, current bushes taking up 3/4's of the yard kind of taking over. Most of it had to be done by hand because there were big rocks, full sized truck tires (10 of them) 6 bicycles and many other things underneath and overgrown by this plant life. It felt like horders addition garden style.

My arms are shredded after today. I have cuts and scratches all the way up both arms. Not to mention I'm sore to boot after doing this work for three hours today. But I am pretty proud as to how well I stood up to the challenge. :bigsmile:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I've been very careful, building up my surrounding knee muscles so I could handle the excercises so I haven't had any injuries that way.

Today, though, we were doing a yard overhaul for one disabled person and another house for an elderly couple who's yards had run away from them. We're talking full on trees growing through ladders, weeds up to the midsection, current bushes taking up 3/4's of the yard kind of taking over. Most of it had to be done by hand because there were big rocks, full sized truck tires (10 of them) 6 bicycles and many other things underneath and overgrown by this plant life. It felt like horders addition garden style.

My arms are shredded after today. I have cuts and scratches all the way up both arms. Not to mention I'm sore to boot after doing this work for three hours today. But I am pretty proud as to how well I stood up to the challenge. :bigsmile:

I would have loved it...I love gardening!

Imagine the calories burned...Go you! :flowerforyou:
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I would have loved it...I love gardening!

Imagine the calories burned...Go you! :flowerforyou:

I adore gardening too and being stuck in an apartment with no yard is driving me crazy. So it was very nice to get a good stretch of time working outside and seeing these people's places transform! I love that. We discovered an apple tree, with apples on it, a side gate to the back yard, a clothes line, a garden spot, and so many other things. I thought the one lady was going to cry when she saw her back yard for the first time in 20 years.

It was well over 1000 according to MFP. There's no way I'll put a dent in that many calories, but I'm sure I'll be starving tomorrow as my payback.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    While not a BAD workout injury, my knees after Warrior Dash were pretty tore up.

IMG_0995.jpg
    (in the bathroom mirror, so it's reversed)

IMG_0998.jpg
    (the day after)

img1098z.jpg
    (scar a month later)