PCOS and Weighr Loss

Options
Hi guys I'm finally taking the time to pay attention to my health and am realizing that changing my eating habits and increasing my activity will improve my chances of being a happy and healthy mommy. Any one else out there with the same journey?

Replies

• Namfuak
    Namfuak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me! Since being diagnosed with PCOS 12 years ago I've slowly been gaining weight. It's more challenging now then ever to lose it.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a SAHM of 3 and was diagnosed with PCOS and prediabetes in June 2016. Began meeting with a dietician and have lost 40 lbs since then without medication. I still have my ups and downs with my hormones, but they are a lot better than they used to be. My diary is open, and you are welcome to add me. I wish you all the best!
  • tessadiane92
    tessadiane92 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have pcos as well and I have had issues with my weight since i was a kid. I've always been over weight but it's gotten out of hand since I became pregnant in 2013, after baby i just kept gaining. I've recently started to take charge and I am trying to get healthy and lose this weight :) good luck to you!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS in my early 20s. Gained about 100 pounds over the following 7 or 8 years. Rode the weight roller coaster for a few years after that because of moving every year... Settled in, started losing again, and almost as soon as I lost 10% of my body weight, I ended up pregnant. My kid is a year old now, and I'm losing weight again... And I have almost no more symptoms of PCOS. I didn't even end up with gestational diabetes, much to my OB's shock.

Now I'm hoping to try for baby #2 in 2017. :)
  • leslie_shoemaker
    leslie_shoemaker Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and Type 2. Feel free to add me on here. I was doing well for awhile but totally fell off the wagon in 2016. Claiming that 2017 will be my year!
  • Smiths20
    Smiths20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for commenting. Sometimes I feel so alone on this journey but I happy to know that there is hope. You guys are my inspiration and I would love to add you all as friends so that we can keep eachother motivated! Woohoo 2017!!!
  • shossain78
    shossain78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also diagnosed with pcos. Five years a go I lost 10kg and managed to get pregnant and now I am trying for my second one but can't conceive , doctor advised to loose weight again. I need to loose 10kg again . I started my journey today let's see how far I can go. Will be glad if you join me in this journey
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hi! Also dealing with PCOS and over 100 lbs to lose. 2016 was rough. Working towards a better 2017.
  • carameldeluxe
    carameldeluxe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yea me too... PCOS has been so challenging. Lost 3 stones after my second child.... i had diabetes during pregnancy and high blood pressure after. I'm was only 28. I managed to lower my blood sugar and blood pressure after last child.... but the weight is quickly coming on again. Help and support please! ....what's the most effective way to lose weight with PCOS? I did keto diet in the pass, worked well.
    I'm currently started doing intermittent fasting and low carb.