lose 100.lbs by july1st 2017

Options
Hello guys i am trying to lose 100.lbs by july if anyone wants to join me that would be great. You do not have to want to lose the same amount as me but we can motivate each other along the way. I will be posting my calories everyday until july1st!

Replies

• 320sycamore
    320sycamore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's almost 4 pounds per week, which is probably not healthy or sustainable.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    100 lbs by July seems a bit over ambitious. Remember you want to retain lean muscle tissue while burning fat and trying to lose 14lbs per month would not be likely without significant muscle loss.
    You look young so hopefully you won't mind if I share some experience.
    The important thing is to change your habits so not only you lose weight (fat) but are able to maintain a healthier lifestyle. Make small changes you can live with and your more likely to be able to stick with them and less likely to gain it back.
  • catrina0789
    catrina0789 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I will join you but i only need to lose like 30, can i add you? or you can add me
  • Justkeepswimming2323
    Options
    I’m going to give you a bit of advice, know that I’m not trying to discourage you and only trying to help. I highly recommend setting a more realistic goal. Losing that amount of weight in such a short amount of time is not healthy and is unsustainable. Losing weight more slowly isn’t only healthier, it also makes it more likely that you’ll keep the weight off.
    Having been overweight for most of my childhood and adolescents, I understand wanting to lose a large amount of weight quickly. But that’s what was keeping me from being healthy. I wouldn’t achieve my goal, become discouraged, and return to my bad habits. Losing 100 pounds by this time next year is more realistic, that’s about 2 pounds a week.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal doesn't give you an option of choosing to lose 4 lb per week. The only way you can get close is to choose the 2 lb per week option. MFP gives you a calorie target to lose 2 lb per week, but you have to net 1000 calories less than that every day to lose 4 lb per week. It's a very bad idea. Don't do it. It hurts.

Myfitnesspal has a great community of kind and generous people who've traveled this rocky road before you and want to help you find your way to good health. You, if you insist on 100 lb by July, will void all the benefit of this community.
  • Queentipsie
    Queentipsie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me!!!! Im up for the challenge.
  • warfield23
    warfield23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Everyone saying it's impossible or unhealthy, but I'm up for the challenge. We might not make 100 but we're guaranteed to lose some while trying!!!
  • shayhyatt934
    shayhyatt934 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im in also, I want to lose 100 lbs by july 30th. Btw, it's not impossible, I know someone who've lost 109lbs in 9 months by cutting out all simple carbs.
  • lindagrimm904
    lindagrimm904 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I will join you! I don't need to lose that much! I need to lose 48 lbs. We can help each other on our journey's!