Low carb appetizers

Options
40footalfa
40footalfa Posts: 9 Member
I am visiting my son and his family for Christmas. We will be having appetizers for Christmas dinner, for a change of pace. I would love some ideas for something different than a veggie platter. (We do have a peanut allergy, so that is a consideration.

Thanks!

Replies

• mbonacci12
    mbonacci12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bacon wrapped scallops, mushrooms stuffed with spinach & cheese, chicken wings
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Cheese crisps with guacamole dip or artichoke dip. Tiny Caprese salad skewers (bocconcini cheese ball with basil leaf and cherry tomato drizzled with extra virgin olive oil). Tiny meatballs with mozzarella cheese center.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon pinwheel rolls with cream cheese
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    cold smoked salmon, shrimp cocktail, bacon wrapped scallops, meatballs, prosciutto wrapped asparagus and cream cheese, antipasta, platter of cured Italian meats and cheese, bacon wrapped smokies, sausage stuffed mushrooms, deviled eggs, chicken wings, asparagus beef rollups, bacon chips with guacamole, mushrooms stuffed with cheese and topped with jalapeno...

endless number of things.
  • AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    These are vegan but you could easily add bacon, real cream cheese or whatever. These are easy to make and easy to tweak. Stuffed mushrooms with sun dried tomatoes!
    https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/12/24/4-vegan-low-carb-recipes-lchf/
    ipbwdoapo4u6.jpg
  • heartrocklover
    heartrocklover Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    These all sound wonderful. I'll keep them in mind for my new way of eating starting tomorrow!