Weight

Options
I am 5,6 and 162 am I to fat? I wear a size 5 and medium and small shirts. The blue shirt is a size small 0bc0j6n3hxu8.jpg

Replies

• jenna20164eva
    jenna20164eva Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    7lmqorppcdl0.jpg
    I just took this pic
  • TreyTnt9
    TreyTnt9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    No idea. it's hard to tell anything in the boob shot. And i take it you're ly8ng down in the 2nd?
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    get your body fat % checked. Weight means nothing. If you are above 23%, then yeah, you are "overfat".
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Maybe, maybe not. You appear to be lying down in both shots so they can't be used to get a rough idea about body fat. You need to look at yourself standing up without modifying your gait or shape by doing things like sucking in, tucking in or jutting out.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Why don't you take some normal photos? (Standing, not laying down)

Also aesthetically it just depends if you like being the weight you are- what do you think? Do you like how you look and feel?

for a more medical point of view, according to a BMI chart you are on the high end of normal/healthy. This goes only by height and weight though, so it's hard to tell if you have a good lean mass to body fat ratio or not.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    JoyMaillet wrote: »
    get your body fat % checked. Weight means nothing. If you are above 23%, then yeah, you are "overfat".

That is one of the more blatantly incorrect statements I've seen on here

She's 22 ...you've misread this chart I assume

mqw38vf2r846.jpg

In general women's body fat is within a healthy range from 21-33%
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

mqw38vf2r846.jpg

That's correct. And to add, 33% fat mostly subitaneous may be fine, but 30% mostly visceral may be not. That's why a standing picture may be more useful.
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options

mqw38vf2r846.jpg

Must be an American chart...

• Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yes you are overweight by BMI ..at 26.1..your top end weight for your height is 155lbs

You have clearly taken photos that you think put you at your physical advantage. Lying down, boobs swished. You look very pretty, soft and rounded.

That may be your desired body aesthetic..you should absolutely have confidence in how you look but statistically you would be healthier dropping a few pounds

My own personal aesthetic is soft and strong
    Others like ripped, or skinny, or curvy or voluptuous whatever
    And all are equally valid

If you are in any way upset or disappointed in this response I apologise and would say that a great life lesson is don't ask questions you really don't want the answer to on a health and fitness board. This isn't Facebook or a group of your friends and family who will always offer the most flattering response.

@Sued0nim You, you I like...

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

mqw38vf2r846.jpg

Must be an American chart...

Wut? Ok there are far more charts and pics from US sites than elsewhere

Like this one too (although the definition of obesity is clearly not from the WHO)

0914WHObodyfat.jpg

But how does that negate the fact that you posting that above 23%, which is lean enough for many women to start to show abs, is overfat is incorrect?

Not to mention how incredibly difficult it is to measure BF in the first place
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Um - no.

Descriptions from Builtlean.com

Body Fat Percentage Women 20-22%

This is body fat percentage is usually in the “fit” category of most body fat charts and is typical of many female athletes. Some definition in the abs is apparent, there is body fat on the arms and legs, but it’s not too pronounced. There is minimal, but some separation between muscles.

Body Fat Percentage Women 25%

This is on the low end of what’s average for most women and is characterized by a shape that is neither too slim, nor overweight. Curves in the hips are usually more apparent along with more fat in the buttocks and thighs. A 5’4” women who weighs 130lb and has 97lb of lean body mass has 25% body fat.

• jenna20164eva
    Options
    Ok this is me in a size 8 dress and the brown shirt is a size medium. My friends and family say not to lose anymore weight because I was 200 which was my highest. But I think I should go down to 130 I still feel to fat 6t7hanask6sp.jpg
    egtwv3f1708s.jpg
  • jenna20164eva
    Options
    When I was 120 last yr people said I look sick cuz I have big rib cages so what would be a good weight for me honest answers lnwdg93e6x4j.jpg
  • jenna20164eva
    Options

Idk how to read that chart

mqw38vf2r846.jpg

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    The last pic, did you use photoshop? Your waist looks odd.
  • jenna20164eva
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Um - no.

Descriptions from Builtlean.com

Body Fat Percentage Women 20-22%

This is body fat percentage is usually in the “fit” category of most body fat charts and is typical of many female athletes. Some definition in the abs is apparent, there is body fat on the arms and legs, but it’s not too pronounced. There is minimal, but some separation between muscles.

Body Fat Percentage Women 25%

This is on the low end of what’s average for most women and is characterized by a shape that is neither too slim, nor overweight. Curves in the hips are usually more apparent along with more fat in the buttocks and thighs. A 5’4” women who weighs 130lb and has 97lb of lean body mass has 25% body fat.

So what is my body fat percentage I am 22 and I weigh 162 but I fit into small and medium shirts it's weird. And I am 5,6