Goal Met

Options
stephenearllucas
stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
edited December 2016 in Success Stories
Leaving for vacation today to see family and friends I haven't seen in a year and a half.

Started on New Year's Day at 262 pounds, now at 184 pounds (the goal was 186 pounds), for a 78-pound loss. BMI has gone from 33.7 to 23.6, and body fat from about 30% to about 15%.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the MFPers...thanks for all your help in 2016, and here's to a healthy and fit 2017!

Replies

• Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Good job. They probably will hardly recognize you!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Please let us know how the visit goes! You've done so well. Congratulations on making the most of 2016 and reaching your goals! :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Brilliant progress! What are your new goals now you've reached your goal weight?
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your progress and goals, and being so inspiring. This is so amazing! Have a great vacation and a very Merry Christmas, with a Happy New Year!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Oh, awesome! Totally way to go!
    Brilliant progress! What are your new goals now you've reached your goal weight?

Thanks! For 2017 I would like to focus on improved fitness by doing strength training, cardio, and stretching.

I aim to maintain 185 pounds, reduce body fat to 10-12%, and meet the 1st class standard on the Marines' fitness test for men 46 years or older (I'll be 57) (i.e., 10 pull ups, 50 crunches in 2 minutes, and a 3-mile run of 26:20) (see http://www.military.com/military-fitness/marine-corps-fitness-requirements/usmc-pft-charts). Males my age must make 150 points on that chart for "1st class."

I totally get this. I'm prior Army, and when I left the service is when I gained 70 pounds. One of my goals when I started running again was to be able to pass the Army PT test again. Nowadays I'd do better on a PT test than I did when I was active duty.... though I'm older now, and standards for old ladies are different than for young ones.

Good luck on meeting your PFT standards - I have no doubt you'll get there. :smile:

• starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Have fun with the big "reveal"... hope you get lots of feel-good comments and attention because you earned it :).
  • 7ElizabethAnn7
    7ElizabethAnn7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Have you kept it a complete secret from those you are going to visit? If so that is going to be crazy fun! Have a blast, you deserve it!!
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    While I didn't keep it a secret, I didn't really talk about it at all since I last saw everyone. The reactions would be: about one-third didn't notice/say anything, about one-third said "wow--good job--look great!" and about one-third either thought I was sick or was losing too much. All in all, it was a fun trip--we got back home today. Thanks for all the nice comments everyone--have a happy new year!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!