Anyone have helpful advice?

Options
Has anyone had any good results from going into maintenance after stalling? I've dropped 50lbs and stopped losing. I was finding it difficult to stick to the 1600 calories with the recent increase in stress I've had. I've moved into a maintenance goal set for the time being while the holidays pass. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to add me as well. Thanks

Replies

• hbwin92
    hbwin92 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    One of the best things I've heard is "can you do it today?"

So for example, can you NOT eat something that's bad for you just today. Not even thinking about tomorrow or next week or next month. Just today. I've used that a lot during my journey and it has helped.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I too am doing maintenance during the winter,I notice Im losing fat which is good. you said you werent losing did you update your goals every 10lbs you lost? if not that could be the reason. also sometimes once you stop losing it could be you are eating more than you think if you arent using a scale. but that aside.lift heavy while in maintenance and you may gain some muscle too. I stalled more than 6 months ago,It took me 4 months to lose 1.2lbs,that was about 2 months ago. so maintenance during winter and lifting heavy and then back to a deficit in spring while still lifting.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I've decided to eat closer to maintenance after not being able to really exercise as much as I'd been.

I had surgery 6 months ago. Still recovering/adjusting. Before surgery I was 128, got down to 121 during recovery and am back at 127 currently. :(. I've gained maybe 5 pounds over the last 2 months eating more (from 1200 to 16-1700).

I've just upped my protein and don't feel I've gained fat. The scale fluctuates, but much of that is hormones and cookies at work.

I figure I'll try to add in some light exercise on maintenance and see how that goes.

Anyhow, just be reasonable in your calorie goal. I find that I don't obsess as much allowing a few more calories.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You stopped losing when?
  • apex0889
    apex0889 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stopped losing about 2.5 months ago. But about a month ago I switched to just maintaining.