HELP! I'm skinny, eat well and exercise (run) but still have a tiny bit of cellulite :(

Options
I'm 24 and 5'3 100-105 lbs and I eat well, run and do leg exercises but I still have cellulite. I think I read that it's genetic, which I can understand since my mom has it on the back of her thighs right under her butt like I do; however, surely that doesn't mean I should just throw in the towel and not try to get rid of it as best as I possibly can.

Me:caxs080ztdxw.jpeg
h6ohhq55s4lv.jpeg

You can't see it in either pic, but I just wanted to post them so you know my general body type.

Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Yep, cellulite is something that's just there and I don't think there's any way to get rid of it.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yea it's genetic and unfortunately a part of life for the most part. Weight training helps. After I bulked up and gained muscle and after I cut it was way better than before I started (when I was really lean without much muscle). So more muscle mass helps for sure. I'm bulking again and we will see if I can really improve it.
    I was watching a Victoria's Secret behind the scenes thing and they were in a room without makeup and all that, I even spotted some on them.. so yea, normal !
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Haven't you seen all those pictures they post of the cellulite on beautiful thin actresses in the gossip magazines? Happens to even those in the best of shape. You've got good company.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Nearly all those images you see of lovely people with no cellulite are photoshopped or airbrushed. Most women have it (over 90% is the figure I often see mentioned). Adding muscle may help. And no, expensive creams and lotions and potions will not get rid of it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Haven't you seen all those pictures they post of the cellulite on beautiful thin actresses in the gossip magazines? Happens to even those in the best of shape. You've got good company.

Ya, http://cellulitetreatment.org/celebrities-with-cellulite.html
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure practically all women have it...mine has improved greatly since I started running /lifting over 4 years ago. Cant say I pay it too much heed these days...
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Your body is bangin', I wouldn't sweat it
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a little cellulite. I think it's cute and shows that you are a normal person with a healthy body. Nothing is wrong with you.
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't even think it's "unfortunate" or something we need to "deal with".

Of course we all have fat on our bodies. Of course some of it is visible and we aren't perfectly smooth.

Time to step away from the shiny glossy photoshopped magazines. No one cares about your thighs. Promise. No one is looking as close as you are, and even if they are, I guarantee they have cellulite too.

• Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would get under a bar if I were you. I think strength training helps to reduce and smooth out the appearance of cellulite. It did for me anyway. I used to have a frumpy mom bod.
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, you look great, secondly, cellulite effects most of us during our lifetime.

You're fairly thin and this appears to be more of a genetic condition. Added some more muscle to your thighs and butt and this will may help, I'll seen it.

Do not waste your money on creams. That being said, there's a procedure that has shown good results in flattening out the bumps but it's extremely expensive and I believe you need to continue to process to get your results. IMO, not worth it, add some muscle to those areas and I think you'll be happy.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    OP, you are quite thin, and I don't see any cellulite.